And it happens again, another school shooting

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

docachna

Re: And it happens again, another school shooting

Post by docachna »

Javelin Man wrote:My biggest problem is that if a compromise is accepted and implemented, we know that it won't work, no matter how intrusive the compromise is.

So next, they go to the next level of "compromise" to make it work and keep people safe. It won't work either, and so on and so on as it escalates.
All by design.

None of this is an accident.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Javelin Man wrote:My biggest problem is that if a compromise is accepted and implemented, we know that it won't work, no matter how intrusive the compromise is.

So next, they go to the next level of "compromise" to make it work and keep people safe. It won't work either, and so on and so on as it escalates.

The 2nd Amendment becomes part of the history books before it's rewritten out of the history books and forgotten among the subjects.
"Universal background checks" are a stalking horse for registration, just as Obamacare was a stalking horse for socialized (death panels) "medicine". Both are MEANT to fail so that the REAL "solution" can be rammed through.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Here's one of the kids that's in every clip this weekend ranting and raving to get something done...can't get his lines down...
One student, in particular, David Hogg has been astonishingly articulate and highly skilled at propagating a new anti-Conservative/anti-Trump narrative behind the recent school shooting. Few have seen this type of rapid media play before, and when they have it has come from well-trained political operatives and MSM commentators.

Immediately, these students-turned-activists threw up some red flags.

SNIP

Anyone who has been following the news could tell you that many in the FBI have been working against the president from the start, with the most notable case involving collusion between the FBI, Obama Administration, and the Clinton campaign to push the false ‘verification’ of the junk Steele Dossier. It has also been widely reported that the FBI received tips well in advance of the Florida school shooting and decided, for whatever reason, not to act.

The fault for this tragedy lies squarely on the shoulder’s of the FBI, who could have prevented this back in January.

Adding to the “credibility” of Hogg, in a recently uncovered early cut from one of his interviews it appears he was heavily coached on lines and is merely reciting a script. Frequently seen in the footage mouthing the lines he should be reciting. Hogg becomes flustered multiple times, is seen apologizing, and asking for re-takes.

Why would the child of an FBI agent be used as a pawn for anti-Trump rhetoric and anti-gun legislation? Because the FBI is only looking to curb YOUR Constitutional rights and INCREASE their power. We’ve seen similar moves by them many times over. This is just another disgusting example of it.
Oh, yes, there's a video...Qui bono?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

The truly sad thing here, is that the next shooter is out there and he/she/it already has their gun(s) and ammo. Unless we move to protect schools and buses right now, it is going to happen again. We should hire the Israelis to teach us school security. No school shootings in 40 years. Instead, we get California logic. Nut burger central.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

techmike wrote:The truly sad thing here, is that the next shooter is out there and he/she/it already has their gun(s) and ammo.
And the media are already chumming the waters, enticing the next mass murderer.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

deanimator wrote:
techmike wrote:The truly sad thing here, is that the next shooter is out there and he/she/it already has their gun(s) and ammo.
Not to mention the Mad Moms, Bloomberg, Pelosi and the rest salivating for his appearance.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

schmieg wrote:
deanimator wrote:
Not to mention the Mad Moms, Bloomberg, Pelosi and the rest salivating for his appearance.
Never let a crisis go to waste... even if you have to CREATE it.
DOA33
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by DOA33 »

deanimator wrote:
Might be here in KY, don't have all the details since this was a 3rd hand account from my father who was talking to a road crew foreman, who heard from his daughter that goes to local HS. What was said that someone called in to threaten a school shooting. They tracked the call back and has arrested someone, some else called in said nice try but you got the wrong one I'm going to put the FL shooter to shame at tonight's game. :| You can imagine the panic, the daughter called to be picked up early so the foreman went to do that and he said it looked to be over 100 kids in line at the office to call someone to pick them up early.

Then a friend I went to HS there in OH, said that one of the kids at her son's school talked about shooting the place up and even had a hit list. They took them into custody but they never notified the parents till today about the threat and to make it worse is they're allowing that kid back into school but will be segregated from everyone else. Alot of parents are pulling their kids out till the cops do something.
Open Carry, shhh it's a dirty secret.
High Power

Post by High Power »

Where did Whirlwind06 go? Isn't he going to respond to the criticisms of his statements to compromise with the anti-freedom gun-banners?

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
High Power

Post by High Power »

Not too many news agencies are reporting about these two folks...
Colorado House Minority Leader Patrick Neville, who was a Columbine High School sophomore at the time of the 1999 mass shooting, is pushing legislation that he says would protect students — by getting rid of gun restrictions in schools.

He has introduced the bill annually since he was elected in 2014, The Washington Times reported. Previous attempts have been turned down.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02 ... hools.html
A survivor of the deadly shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, who was previously interviewed by CNN and MSNBC following the mass shooting, told Fox News he believes certain media outlets are politicizing the tragedy to push gun control.

Brandon Minoff, an 18-year-old senior, said the media chose to target gun control advocates instead of focusing on the 17 lives lost in Wednesday's slaughter.

“I wholeheartedly believe that the media is politicizing this tragedy,” Minoff said. “It seems that gun control laws is the major topic of conversation rather than focusing on the bigger issue of 17 innocent lives being taken at the hands of another human.”
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/20/fl ... ntrol.html
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

DOA33 wrote:
deanimator wrote:
Might be here in KY, don't have all the details since this was a 3rd hand account from my father who was talking to a road crew foreman, who heard from his daughter that goes to local HS. What was said that someone called in to threaten a school shooting. They tracked the call back and has arrested someone, some else called in said nice try but you got the wrong one I'm going to put the FL shooter to shame at tonight's game. :| You can imagine the panic, the daughter called to be picked up early so the foreman went to do that and he said it looked to be over 100 kids in line at the office to call someone to pick them up early.

Then a friend I went to HS there in OH, said that one of the kids at her son's school talked about shooting the place up and even had a hit list. They took them into custody but they never notified the parents till today about the threat and to make it worse is they're allowing that kid back into school but will be segregated from everyone else. Alot of parents are pulling their kids out till the cops do something.
Stark County’s Jackson Middle School has a shooting today. 12 year old boy brought a .22 to school and shot himself. Also had distractionary devices. Kids were on lockdown from 0745 to 1445.
https://www.ohio.com/akron/news/local/p ... ed-gunshot
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

A lot of "copy catting" going on!
Abandon ye all HOPE!
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Whirlwind06 »

High Power wrote:Where did Whirlwind06 go? Isn't he going to respond to the criticisms of his statements to compromise with the anti-freedom gun-banners?
Oh I'm still here, I'm one of the last 20 or so folks that actually read and post here on this forum. :D
I can't counter every post, I was trying and failing apparently to actually have a discussion and not be shouted down for heresy.
And we wonder why this place is so dead.

But oh well, the point I was trying to make is, we are losing mind share (and perception is reality) of the general public every time one of these mass shooting happen.
And at some point in the future, when we don't control the levers of government it's going to bad.
And we can stand around and scream "No compromise!" and "Guns don't kill people!" but "Mental health!" all we want.
And it won't matter because the NRA (meaning us) won't have a say in the out come.

Maybe we as a country are past the point were opposing groups can negotiate and both bring things to the table, and there is give and take.
We get suppressors of the NFA list for bumps stocks for example. Maybe that never was the case and I'm being naïve.
I'm sure I'll be tarred and feathered again for not following the group think here.
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

Whirlwind06 wrote:
Oh I'm still here, I'm one of the last 20 or so folks that actually read and post here on this forum. :D
I can't counter every post, I was trying and failing apparently to actually have a discussion and not be shouted down for heresy.
And we wonder why this place is so dead.

But oh well, the point I was trying to make is, we are losing mind share (and perception is reality) of the general public every time one of these mass shooting happen.
And at some point in the future, when we don't control the levers of government it's going to bad.
And we can stand around and scream "No compromise!" and "Guns don't kill people!" but "Mental health!" all we want.
And it won't matter because the NRA (meaning us) won't have a say in the out come.

Maybe we as a country are past the point were opposing groups can negotiate and both bring things to the table, and there is give and take.
We get suppressors of the NFA list for bumps stocks for example. Maybe that never was the case and I'm being naïve.
I'm sure I'll be tarred and feathered again for not following the group think here.
What you say is true, we are losing mind share. I lived in California for 30 years, and watched that state slide into the crapper. One year the Sacramento County Supervisors declared the entire county (994 square miles - most of it farm land) a "no shoot zone". No shooting of any kind, hunting, target, BB gun - unless at an approved range - and the ranges had just been compromised by Prop 65 - lead is dangerous you know. This was three years after mountain lion hunting was declared illegal. This was mostly accomplished by organizing the Big Three - LA, San Fran and San Diego. But it was also accomplished by compromise. Personally, I am done backing down. I will not agree to any compromise, because it never is an actual compromise - I always lose rights and never ever get anything in return. I know that any compromise will never satisfy the A2A crowd.

TM
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

techmike wrote: I will not agree to any compromise, because it never is an actual compromise - I always lose rights and never ever get anything in return. I know that any compromise will never satisfy the A2A crowd.

TM
That's about where I am on this subject. Compromise means both give up to gain something. But when it comes to gun rights, we have done a lot of giving, and have gained nothing from it. We already gave up full auto, and short barreled long guns without a tax. We gave up being able to order guns through a catalog. We gave up buying a gun like any other product--now we need to fill out forms. For a while we gave up black scary rifles. Now they want us to do it all again. And when someone pointed out that a mini 14 had the same ballistics as an AR15, an idiot said to ban them both.

One mom whose kid goes to Jackson Middle School wants parents of school shooters charged with murder because obviously the parents provided the gun. What?? What happened to self-determination, meaning the kid will do what the kid will, with or without the parent's knowledge and consent? What about responsibility? The kid did the act, not the parents. Punish the kid.

I sure do not want gun rights tied to mental health. Who defines mental health? One idiot on facebook said teachers should not carry in case they are having a bout of PMS!!
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!