Good Guy engages criminal, is shot by arriving cops.

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Good Guy engages criminal, is shot by arriving cops.

Post by bignflnut »

When Mike Becker received the frantic call on Tuesday that a gunman was threatening his family at the nearby Dollar General, he said he immediately took off with a handgun.

The Independence man ran to the store shortly before 6 p.m. and saw the gunman pounding on the glass door. Inside, his wife, 4-year-old adopted daughter and about 30 others huddled together, terrified, toward the back of the store. His wife hid the girl behind bags of dog food.

Becker said he put his body between those inside and the gunman.

“The only thing in my mind was my baby and wife,” he said. “There was no way the gunman was getting in that store.”
Never miss a local story.

When police arrived minutes later, witnesses said, Becker dropped his handgun, raised his hands — and then an officer with a rifle shot him in the hip.
SNIP
Becker is 31, heavyset and was wearing a black jacket. The gunman was described by Thomas as in his 50s, slender and wearing a green jacket.

“How do you confuse green with black?” Thomas said.

Becker said that rumors spread through the community, where he has lived all his life, that he had tried to rob the Dollar General.

Police “have been extremely tight lipped about it,” Becker said. “...That’s what upsets me about how the Independence Police Department handled this situation. They could have cleared me pretty quickly — that I’m not a suspect at least.”

Thomas added, “I understand as police you have to put your life on the line ... but to take it into your own judgment to shoot an innocent man when he didn’t fit the description?

“It makes me angry.”

After Becker was shot, Thomas said police handcuffed him and did not immediately allow Amber to go to him.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
deanimator

Re: Good Guy engages criminal, is shot by arriving cops.

Post by deanimator »

If he sues the union and supporters will say:
  • Being a cop is a hard job.
  • They were "scared".
  • It's the "ghetto lottery".
  • He wanted to be a cop but couldn't.
  • A cop stole his girlfriend.
  • The next time he wants to be shot, call a hippie!
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.