12 yr old part of armed carjacking of 81 yr old

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

12 yr old part of armed carjacking of 81 yr old

Post by M-Quigley »

This is in Florida, and no one was injured. This is posted for educational purposes since there is a youtube surveillance video with this news story. The carjacking process itself starts at around 2:10 with the 3 juveniles watching from another aisle over from the victim.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime ... i3j9T1zLI/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
gfrlaser

Re: 12 yr old part of armed carjacking of 81 yr old

Post by gfrlaser »

sad
"The sins of the evil do not justify restricting the rights of the good"
M-Quigley

Re: 12 yr old part of armed carjacking of 81 yr old

Post by M-Quigley »

gfrlaser wrote:sad
It is sad, but unfortunitely it's not the first story of it's kind, nor will it be the last. Thankfully the victim wasn't injured.

I guess I should've posted this in the tactics section instead, because my goal in posting this is if you see the video, there's the question of if you were the victim in this exact same scenario, how would you have handled it. Obviously if you were aware that they seemed to notice the victim and possibly chose her at that point you wouldn't have gone to the car door, but what if you were where the woman was at 2:21 2:22, when the 3 criminals were in another car lane. The one with the gun waited until she started to walk between the cars before he approached her and drew his gun. (2:22) What would you or anyone else as a CC should've done if in that situation? I think I know my answer, just wondering what others think, from a tactics standpoint.

I'm guessing this video will eventually end up on the Active Self Protection website with the host's commentary.