robbed at gunpoint, DC political comedian changes stance

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

robbed at gunpoint, DC political comedian changes stance

Post by Bruenor »

and the light switch goes on.. funny how that works.

http://www.wusa9.com/opinion/editorials ... /509608926" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“When you’re in an instance where there’s a gun is pointed at you and your life is being threatened for your property and no one’s going to help—and now I know that no one’s going to help—I want to feel more secure. I want to feel safe, and I have something to defend myself with,” he said.

When asked how the situation would have went differently if he had a gun, Young told Bruce Johnson on ‘Off Script’ that he probably would have pulled it out to defend himself.

He addressed people who are against conceal carry permits by saying they’ve probably never been in his position.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: robbed at gunpoint, DC political comedian changes stance

Post by TSiWRX »

What's more interesting to me is that he genuinely thought that someone was going to help him.

My counter question to him - would he have helped the victim, had he been one of the onlookers? And if so, what he would have done to help the victim, versus armed robbers, himself then unarmed?

What did he expect out of that encounter to begin with?

Is self-reliance really that far-out of a concept, now?
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

TSiWRX wrote:Is self-reliance really that far-out of a concept, now?
I think both self-reliance and personal responsibility are completely foreign thoughts for many people these days. sad really.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

:cry:

It's interesting: for me, as an immigrant, it was one of the first lessons that I really remember growing into manhood. My father used my then best-friend - an American boy - as the example of "American resilience and self-reliance." I've always thought that part of being American was having that spirit of "I can do it, myself."
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

TSiWRX wrote::cry:

It's interesting: for me, as an immigrant, it was one of the first lessons that I really remember growing into manhood. My father used my then best-friend - an American boy - as the example of "American resilience and self-reliance." I've always thought that part of being American was having that spirit of "I can do it, myself."
At one time. Even recently. But before safe spaces.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member