Officer involved shooting in Dayton

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Officer involved shooting in Dayton

Post by M-Quigley »

The good news is no one was injured or killed, and no one is suing or having protests or calling Rev Al or BLM because their son was a good boy who had fathered children and was just beginning to turn his life around. :roll:

http://www.whio.com/news/crime--law/cri ... pc5R5qg3I/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Two people are in custody following an officer-involved shooting late this morning in the 3500 block of Salem Avenue.

No one was injured, and the coroner’s office did not respond to the scene, despite earlier reports.
“While approaching this vehicle there was immediate threat and officers discharged several rounds,” he said.

No one was injured when the Dayton detective fired his service weapon.
Brian D.

Re: Officer involved shooting in Dayton

Post by Brian D. »

Firing into vehicles with handguns is a dicey proposition. That car looks old enough to have a decent amount of steel in the body and doors. Windshield glass can be penetrated, but there's usually an angle of deflection to deal with. The windows are your best bet
.until the occupants duck lower.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Brian D. wrote:Firing into vehicles with handguns is a dicey proposition. That car looks old enough to have a decent amount of steel in the body and doors. Windshield glass can be penetrated, but there's usually an angle of deflection to deal with. The windows are your best bet
.until the occupants duck lower.
I was having a hard time viewing the video portion on my computer, probably due to slow internet. Was it the Caddy that shows up around :16 ?
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

All I saw were still pictures. Gold color GM, maybe a Caddy from I don't know, circa 1990?

********************************************************************************
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Brian D. wrote:All I saw were still pictures. Gold color GM, maybe a Caddy from I don't know, circa 1990?
That would be a 2000-2005 Cashmere-colored Cadillac. I have one identical to it in my garage sans the damage, and obvious bullet holes. :oops: I drove it to the Berea gun show this morning with a friend of mine.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Sorry javelin man, all them old antique cars look alike to me. :mrgreen: