NJ Sec. Officer Stops Threat with Extreme Prejudice

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

NJ Sec. Officer Stops Threat with Extreme Prejudice

Post by cashman966 »

I can't find any news reports on this so unsure if it just happened or is old. It was just uploaded to YouTube yesterday

Armed security officer stops an armed robbery at a 7/11

Warning colorful language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0-XQBxjbnM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My favorite lines:

Thug: (after being shot twice) It's fake!! It's fake!!

Officer: Oh well, mines is real...
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
Bruenor

Re: NJ Sec. Officer Stops Threat with Extreme Prejudice

Post by Bruenor »

Soon after..

Thug: I'm Shot...

Officer: Oh F*%# yeah.

kinda funny how they are amazed that something bad happened to them..
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

According to some of the comments, the uniformed gent was a NJ Corrections officer. He certainly took corrective action. I don't think his tactics were the best, but it's easy to armchair quarterback in the aftermath.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

He kinda jumped right in the middle and any determined thug could've taken advantage of him behind the counter.

But yes, his language was perfect for the occasion and sometimes you have to talk to the perps in a language they understand.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Javelin Man wrote:He kinda jumped right in the middle and any determined thug could've taken advantage of him behind the counter.

But yes, his language was perfect for the occasion and sometimes you have to talk to the perps in a language they understand.
Well, he had one that he made start leaking and we don't know how bad that was and he looked big enough to handle both of them without the gun.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Brian D. wrote:I don't think his tactics were the best, but it's easy to armchair quarterback in the aftermath.
Javelin Man wrote:He kinda jumped right in the middle and any determined thug could've taken advantage of him behind the counter.

I agree - I don't want to Monday Morning Quarterback his actions (and what a great outcome it was! :) ), but I think it's definitely worth looking at, in an effort to better ourselves and the community.

Things that the hero should/could have done better:

- His grip on the gun is terrible, a horrendous over-grip. This can be seen most readily at time-point 0:35. I'm not going to debate the end-result, as what he did was sufficient to get the job done, but I can't help but wonder what may have transpired had the threat been further away or otherwise required more of an aimed shot.

- His actions post-shoot, as the others have noted above already, I think really put him in significant physical danger. "Hands behind your back" probably isn't a great way to go, given that he cannot see what those hands are doing when they were behind the back of the criminals he'd just engaged (and doubly so as they are not secure). Similarly, after his leap over the counter, he is dangerously close to the criminals, and I think it is extremely lucky that they were so cowed that they remained compliant. There were many instances where, in my opinion, the threats could have physically re-engaged him, had they desired to do so. You're right, schmieg, I think the dude could probably have broken them both as Bane did to Batman -

Image...

...but there's never a definitive predictor in a physical fight that takes place outside the ring, and even as I watched the CCTV footage for the very first time, I was cringing.

Javelin Man makes a great point, too, in that his language certainly makes it clear to the criminals what he expected of them, as well as what they could expect should they disobey. I definitely admire the amount of presence and authority he is able to put into his voice and commands, even if I think that he should have given different commands.

Again, this is not to belittle this hero's actions nor is it an attempt to "Monday Morning Quarterback" - rather, I view these videos as a way to learn.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

And now, the rest of the story...

This did not take place in NJ as the you tube video indicated, It happened 12/30/2017 in Gardina California, a couple miles East of Compton.

Teens armed with fake gun shot by security guard in Gardena attempted robbery

The security guard shot the male that was pointing the gun at the cashier, out of fear for the victim's life, officials said. Believing the other male also had a weapon, he also shot at him.

The security guard detained both males until deputies arrived. Both were transported to a local hospital and treated for non-life threatening injuries, officials said.

Officials said investigators found a replica semi-automatic handgun at the scene and later discovered that both males in the attempted robbery are approximately 16 years of age.
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.