Different titles for news story on robber getting shot

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Different titles for news story on robber getting shot

Post by M-Quigley »

When I first saw the WHIO story, the title of the story was similar to the WCPO story, which was something similar to "One person killed in auto parts shooting". Then when you read the story, it says that the "person" killed was one of two robbers. They've since changed the title of the news story before I could post the original. It gives a different slant to the story.

https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/ha ... police-say" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.whio.com/news/local/police-a ... B3uFa5SPN/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"If you enter a store armed with a weapon and demand money, you forfeit your right not to be shot." Joe Deters, prosecutor of Hamilton County, Ohio
Brian D.

Re: Different titles for news story on robber getting shot

Post by Brian D. »

Not much retail in that neighborhood that's open and available to rob at 8:30 pm. Right now I'm in a cigar shop about three blocks north of that O'Reilly's Auto Parts. Armed clerk and at least one armed customer here with the stogies. No robbery attempts. Between here and O'Reilly's is a convenience store whose employees are two for two against attempted holdups. Both those would be robbers were taken away horizontally. Criminals now avoid the store.

The PNC Bank is the only financial institute around here with an armed guard (county deputy) and the only one nobody has tried to rob.

I sense a pattern.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.