home invaders fight and lose against armed elderly homeower

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

home invaders fight and lose against armed elderly homeower

Post by M-Quigley »

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/north ... 1712080115" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although it seemed there were a few things wrong simply from a tactical aspect, from a moral and legal aspect the guy seemed perfectly justified.
Lt. Kingston said the man appears to be 35 to 45 years old. Mr. Lutz added that the man weighed close to 300 pounds and was white. Mr. Lamancusa said no weapon was found on the dead man, who was wearing rubber gloves.

The elderly veteran said he owns several weapons and has made it a longtime habit to sleep with a loaded pistol.

"What's the point of having a gun if it's not loaded?" he said.
Friday's incident began with Mr. Lutz asleep in his bed until he was startled by the sound of breaking glass.
"They broke the glass and pushed in the door," he said.
Carrying his .380 semi-automatic, he went down the hallway and, as he got to its edge, he confronted the two men, one of whom grabbed him.
"It was pitch black. I met one face-on, and he reached out and grabbed at me. I shot him," Mr. Lutz recounted.
Though mortally wounded, the intruder tussled with Mr. Lutz with assistance from the second intruder. The three scuffled on the kitchen floor when the wounded intruder "rolled over dead." The second intruder ran out the front door.
Lt. Kingston described Mr. Lutz's Jamison Street home as part of a residential neighborhood not known for having problems with crime.
As far as neighborhoods go, times change :( Fortunately there's still people around like this guy.
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: home invaders fight and lose against armed elderly homeo

Post by Gramps »

I would like to buy that man a cigar!
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

To bad the other one got away . :(
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

UPDATE: The intruder killed was ID'd as a family member. That explains why in the initial article it said
Investigators believe Lutz might have been targeted. Police have been at his home in the past for other incidents
http://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stories/in ... /661363985" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

Preying on your family....... What are people turning into?
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <