Just one example of the need for CCW

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Just one example of the need for CCW

Post by M-Quigley »

Sometimes you hear anti gunners say that ordinary people don't need to carry a concealed weapon to defend themselves, because it's too risky to resist, better to just give the criminal what they want, so no one gets hurt. After all, your stuff is only stuff, and can be replaced. While this is true in many cases, it's not true all the time. Past experiences are not always predictors of future results anymore. :(
Pearce and Simmons were walking home late Sunday night after a meal and some drinks when a gunman stopped them in the 100 block of East 40th Street.

Pearce, who had been robbed before, tried to calm the gunman down and both he and Simmons complied and gave up their wallets and cellphones.

But the gunman fired on them and fled, fatally wounding Pearce.
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/cr ... 83764.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fyrfytr310

Re: Just one example of the need for CCW

Post by fyrfytr310 »

I've had this argument more than once with family and friends...
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

I have never had, do not now have, nor will I ever have a plan premised on the rationality, good sense and basic human decency of an armed robber.

If you're committing strong arm robbery, you've already conclusively identified yourself as someone with poor impulse control, bad decision making skills and a moral character best described as "degenerate". Saying this enrages social justice warriors, snowflakes and the mutant friends and "family" of two legged predators. I just laugh at them.

Robbery is the act of taking something from another person to which you have legal threat, by the use or the immediate and credible threat of death or great bodily harm. If you present an immediate and credible threat of death or great bodily harm to me, I'm going to exert maximum effort to eliminate that threat. If you didn't present that threat, I'd just laugh in your face and walk away.

I'm not looking for an opportunity to shoot someone, hence I avoid stupid, violent people and the places where they congregate.

Conversely, not shooting somebody is not my highest goal in life. Not being shot... or stabbed, or beaten or robbed, etc. are WAY out in front of not shooting somebody.

I may get shot, but it'll be in the front, not in the back of the head, kneeling, execution style. I've known people to whom that happened. They were very nice people, but they're dead. I'd rather be not so nice and alive.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Was just talking with a co-worker this morning about this type of incident. compliance is no indicator of guaranteed safety.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
rimfireOH
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rimfireOH »

deanimator wrote:I'm not looking for an opportunity to shoot someone, hence I avoid stupid, violent people and the places where they congregate.
Well said. (emphasis added)

Reminds me of a certain Tweed Ring's Iron Triangle of Trouble we used to hear about a lot.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Robbery is the act of taking something from another person to which you have legal threat, by the use or the immediate and credible threat of death or great bodily harm.
Correction: Robbery is the act of taking something from another person to which you have no legal right, by the use or the immediate and credible threat of death or great bodily harm.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.