Next Media Icon fired over "allegations"

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Next Media Icon fired over "allegations"

Post by Javelin Man »

NBC's Matt Lauer has become the latest giant to topple over nothing but allegations. Everyone is "heartbroken" but they have to fire him.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/harve ... ct-n824831
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Next Media Icon fired over "allegations"

Post by bignflnut »

Slow clap for NBC...
How are we defining "misconduct" these days?
Defining male and female has been tossed out the window, marriage has been redefined, but somehow Lauer did something wrong? Seems like a "traditional" definition of "wrong", doesn't it?
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Not that he's a media giant, but as of this afternoon the latest one so accused is Garrison Keillor from "Prairie Home Companion".

He's also (in my opinion) a snarky, anti-gunner intelligensia type lefty.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Is there any way we can register a sexual harassment complaint when women flaunt their "assets" with extremely low-cut blouses in front of us in the work place? :shock: Isn't that a sort of harassment or intimidation?

We should file a complaint with CBS when they air the Victorious Secret program. :|
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

JAv oh buddy......remember what mom always said........." You can look but don't touch....I do agree with you though...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Garrison Keillor got nailed, too.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Javelin Man wrote:Is there any way we can register a sexual harassment complaint when women flaunt their "assets" with extremely low-cut blouses in front of us in the work place? :shock: Isn't that a sort of harassment or intimidation?

We should file a complaint with CBS when they air the Victorious Secret program.
:|
How about the yoga pants that a lot of women wear now so tight and stretched in every possible crack. I really don't care,... but young adults and kids see it and thing wearing your underware in public is now ok. In the gym i guess, but at the supermarket. :roll: If a man walked around in yoga pants,...'' Carmen ''... you would have the law on you for lewdness in public just sayin.
Black Rifles Matter
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

I like the way you guys think! I assme that most women look in the mirror before they leave the house, they know how they look! :shock:
Abandon ye all HOPE!
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Brian D. wrote:Not that he's a media giant, but as of this afternoon the latest one so accused is Garrison Keillor from "Prairie Home Companion".

He's also (in my opinion) a snarky, anti-gunner intelligensia type lefty.
I saw blurb for a claim that HE was "harassed".

Yeah, he's a regular Tyrone Power...
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

steves 50de wrote:
Javelin Man wrote:Is there any way we can register a sexual harassment complaint when women flaunt their "assets" with extremely low-cut blouses in front of us in the work place? :shock: Isn't that a sort of harassment or intimidation?

We should file a complaint with CBS when they air the Victorious Secret program.
:|
How about the yoga pants that a lot of women wear now so tight and stretched in every possible crack. I really don't care,... but young adults and kids see it and thing wearing your underware in public is now ok. In the gym i guess, but at the supermarket. :roll: If a man walked around in yoga pants,...'' Carmen ''... you would have the law on you for lewdness in public just sayin.
Get you're facts straight...I don't wear yoga pants......But I do wear Speedos.. :lol:
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

I think you old timers are completely out of your minds and/or out of your prime.

I love the way women look and dress and I've never been compelled or spurred in to mistreat one for any reason, let alone their choice of clothing.

All these celebrities? Three categories I'm guessing:

1) those being attacked due to their celebrity stature
2) those who are finally being outed
3) Hollywood, which has earned it and owns it
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Sevens wrote:I think you old timers are completely out of your minds and/or out of your prime.

I love the way women look and dress and I've never been compelled or spurred in to mistreat one for any reason, let alone their choice of clothing.

All these celebrities? Three categories I'm guessing:

1) those being attacked due to their celebrity stature
2) those who are finally being outed
3) Hollywood, which has earned it and owns it
My wife calls them tramps with no shame, i agree. I also love the way women look and dress Chris but how about showing some class and taste.
Black Rifles Matter
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Garrison Keillor's account:
Keillor told The Minneapolis Star-Tribune that in one case, he simply "put my hand on a woman's bare back" while attempting to console her. "I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches. She recoiled. I apologized. I sent her an email of apology later and she replied that she had forgiven me and not to think about it. We were friends. We continued to be friendly right up until her lawyer called.”
Found here.

Now, maybe his account is accurate, and maybe it isn't. But if it is, then that is a stupid thing to be called "harassment." This is really getting ridiculous.

And JavelinMan, I do not like that the women dress like they do, either. It is just not right. Newspeople who look like they are in nightclub dresses with short short skirts and mile-high shoes do not look like professional news people.

Do not get me started on Luluroes.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

bignflnut wrote:Slow clap for NBC...
How are we defining "misconduct" these days?
Defining male and female has been tossed out the window, marriage has been redefined, but somehow Lauer did something wrong? Seems like a "traditional" definition of "wrong", doesn't it?
He wasn't fired over an accusation of adultery or infidelity, but over allegedly doing it with employees under his authority as a boss.
The staffers who spoke to Variety accused him of exposing himself to one woman, and then reprimanding her for not engaging in a sex act. He was also accused of giving another colleague a sex toy as a present along with “an explicit note about how he wanted to use it on her.”
The Times article said one of new complaints came from a former employee who in 2001 was summoned to Lauer's office, where Lauer had sex with her. She told the newspaper that she felt helpless to stop the encounter because she did not want to lose her job, and did not report it because she was ashamed.
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Too much, WAY too much gray area to try and define "class and taste" and you're making no allowance for age, style and trends. Look at the way women dressed in the 60's, older people practically had fits over the short skirts, tight clothes, etc. None of this is new. I'm 45 myself and I find these folks 30 and under that are covered with tattoos and body piercings to be just about completely off their rocker.

But that's them, I am not forced to get them.

You need to understand that regardless of what you MEAN when you comment on how a woman elects to dress, it can and it WILL often be construed as you saying that a woman is asking to be treated badly by a man or she's encouraging it.

That idea (whether you mean it or whether you absolutely do not) is a ludicrous idea.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!