Next Media Icon fired over "allegations"

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Re: Next Media Icon fired over "allegations"

Post by M-Quigley »

Mustang380gal wrote:Garrison Keillor's account:
Keillor told The Minneapolis Star-Tribune that in one case, he simply "put my hand on a woman's bare back" while attempting to console her. "I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches. She recoiled. I apologized. I sent her an email of apology later and she replied that she had forgiven me and not to think about it. We were friends. We continued to be friendly right up until her lawyer called.”
Found here.

Now, maybe his account is accurate, and maybe it isn't. But if it is, then that is a stupid thing to be called "harassment." This is really getting ridiculous.
I agree, if it is indeed accurate. It seems like however, the MSM doesn't even care anymore about whether an accusation is accurate or not. You're wrong if you dare question some woman's account of anything, because as one celebrity said, "Women don't lie about that." This is of course unless the women are accusing Bill Clinton of something. :roll:

During my career in nursing I was the recipient (not victim) of sexual harassment twice. In one situation the nurse was a staff nurse, not a supervisor, but in the other situation it was a female MD. I didn't report it at the time. Maybe I should have, IDK. I suppose if I'd had some punitive job action taken against me for not doing anything I would call myself a victim. I would've however complained about it officially at the time, not fifteen or twenty years later.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

M-Quigley wrote:
Mustang380gal wrote:Garrison Keillor's account:
Keillor told The Minneapolis Star-Tribune that in one case, he simply "put my hand on a woman's bare back" while attempting to console her. "I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches. She recoiled. I apologized. I sent her an email of apology later and she replied that she had forgiven me and not to think about it. We were friends. We continued to be friendly right up until her lawyer called.”
Found here.

Now, maybe his account is accurate, and maybe it isn't. But if it is, then that is a stupid thing to be called "harassment." This is really getting ridiculous.
I agree, if it is indeed accurate. It seems like however, the MSM doesn't even care anymore about whether an accusation is accurate or not. You're wrong if you dare question some woman's account of anything, because as one celebrity said, "Women don't lie about that." This is of course unless the women are accusing Bill Clinton of something. :roll:

During my career in nursing I was the recipient (not victim) of sexual harassment twice. In one situation the nurse was a staff nurse, not a supervisor, but in the other situation it was a female MD. I didn't report it at the time. Maybe I should have, IDK. I suppose if I'd had some punitive job action taken against me for not doing anything I would call myself a victim. I would've however complained about it officially at the time, not fifteen or twenty years later.
My wife agrees with you.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Sevens wrote:Too much, WAY too much gray area to try and define "class and taste" and you're making no allowance for age, style and trends. Look at the way women dressed in the 60's, older people practically had fits over the short skirts, tight clothes, etc. None of this is new. I'm 45 myself and I find these folks 30 and under that are covered with tattoos and body piercings to be just about completely off their rocker.

But that's them, I am not forced to get them.

You need to understand that regardless of what you MEAN when you comment on how a woman elects to dress, it can and it WILL often be construed as you saying that a woman is asking to be treated badly by a man or she's encouraging it.

That idea (whether you mean it or whether you absolutely do not) is a ludicrous idea.
It's a statement not an idea. When in public man or women DRESS PROPERLY don't were cloths that show clearly what your private parts look like. And i'am not talking about breasts.
Black Rifles Matter
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Sevens wrote:Too much, WAY too much gray area to try and define "class and taste" and you're making no allowance for age, style and trends. Look at the way women dressed in the 60's, older people practically had fits over the short skirts, tight clothes, etc. None of this is new. I'm 45 myself and I find these folks 30 and under that are covered with tattoos and body piercings to be just about completely off their rocker.

But that's them, I am not forced to get them.

You need to understand that regardless of what you MEAN when you comment on how a woman elects to dress, it can and it WILL often be construed as you saying that a woman is asking to be treated badly by a man or she's encouraging it.

That idea (whether you mean it or whether you absolutely do not) is a ludicrous idea.
I am not saying that a woman deserves to be mistreated because of her dress at all. I am saying that professionals, be it news anchors, lawyers or business women should not look like they are going to the club while they are in the professional role. And Lularoes make most women look silly.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

No idea who most of these are, but I'd guess I'm not missing out on anything.

Link
unless otherwise noted, these stand only as allegations.

19. Teddy Davis – Senior CNN Producer Jake Tapper’s State of the Union
Fired over three allegations of “behavior that does not align with the standards and values of CNN.”

18. Matt Zimmerman – Booker for NBC’s Today Show
Fired over allegations of sexual harassment.

17. David Sweeney – National Public Radio Chief News Editor
Left the company over allegations of sexual harassment.

16. Garrison Keillor – National Public Radio Icon
Fired over allegations of inappropriate behavior.

15. Matt Lauer – NBC News Anchor
Fired for sexual misconduct.

14. Charlie Rose – CBS/PBS News Anchor
Fired over numerous allegations of harassment, misconduct, and groping.

13. Glenn Thrush – New York Times White House Correspondent
On suspension over multiple allegations of harassment and unwanted touching.

12. Mark Halperin – Bloomberg/NBC News Commentator
Fired over numerous allegations of sexual misconduct, unwanted sexual touching.

11. Lockhart Steele – Editorial Director Vox Media
Fired over allegation of sexual harassment.

10. Unnamed Employee – Vox Media
Resigned over allegations of sexual harassment.

9. David Corn – MSNBC Contributor/Washington Bureau Chief for Mother Jones
Multiple accusations of sexual misconduct, unwanted touching.

8. Michael Oreskes – Senior Vice President and Editorial Director for NPR
Numerous allegations of sexual misconduct.

7. Leon Wiesletier – Three Decades as Literary Editor at the New Republic
Numerous allegations of sexual harassment.

6. Hamilton Fish – Publisher New Republic
Numerous allegations of sexual harassment.

5. Matt Taibbi – Rolling Stone
Confessed in non-fiction memoir to the sexual abuse and the enabling of the abuse of female staffers. Now says he made it all up.

4. Jann Wenner – Rolling Stone Owner
Accused of sexual misconduct.

3. Ian Prior – Senior Editor the Guardian
Allegations of sexual harassment, groping.

2. Unnamed Guardian Employee
Allegations of sexual harassment, groping.

1. Matt Sullivan – Guardian
Fired over allegations of sexual misconduct, groping.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Didn't Eve start all this ?

My wife also says women attract un-wanted attention by the way they dress..
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

M-Quigley wrote:[

He wasn't fired over an accusation of adultery or infidelity, but over allegedly doing it with employees under his authority as a boss.
The staffers who spoke to Variety accused him of exposing himself to one woman, and then reprimanding her for not engaging in a sex act. He was also accused of giving another colleague a sex toy as a present along with “an explicit note about how he wanted to use it on her.”
With tongue only ajar in cheek...I was told that A) Men and Women are the same and that A1) Any display of chivalry from a male towards a female (if I can use these offensively binary terms), such as opening a door or complementing on obvious effort like hair style or fingernail polish based on A) was patriarchal demeaning.
B) What man amongst us hasn't made an inappropriate gesture or exposed something in jest to a fellow male? "What is Mooning?", Alex! Sending a sex toy and calling a coworker a "Feline" or "Nancy-boy" for not drinking the next whiskey shot after our shift was over? Anyone?
Is this not fair game? Are we saying that men and women are somehow distinct and that there is appropriate and inappropriate ways for people to conduct themselves, based on GENDER? Surely you jest! What an oppressive fascist, racist, sexist, bigoted, homophobic, fundamentalist, tinfoil, regressive, puritanical... regime! Careful what you wish for, free-lovers...you have just got it.
Last edited by bignflnut on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Didn't Eve start all this ?

My wife also says women attract un-wanted attention by the way they dress..
I can tell you from experience that if I am dressed in a nice skirt (to the knees) and a pretty blouse, I get more doors held open for me and generally more smiles and greetings from men than when dressed in jeans and t-shirt. I haven't dressed in ways that get unwanted attention, but I have no reason to doubt your wife.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

If a women compliments a male like nice body or nice jeans he looks good in a bathing suit...Is that any different then a man doing the same to a women ? It is taken 2 different ways.....
Sexual assault should be prosecuted.....But LADY'S, please don't dress like a hooker if you don't want men making comments or advances....theirs enough temptation in the world...Have a work ethic. Owners of business's should have a dress code that is not distracting other workers..

I'm wondering if a man goes to work in a office in Speedo's, will he get fired ? :)
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

carmen fovozzo wrote:If a women compliments a male like nice body or nice jeans he looks good in a bathing suit...Is that any different then a man doing the same to a women ? It is taken 2 different ways.....
Sexual assault should be prosecuted.....But LADY'S, please don't dress like a hooker if you don't want men making comments or advances....theirs enough temptation in the world...Have a work ethic. Owners of business's should have a dress code that is not distracting other workers..

I'm wondering if a man goes to work in a office in Speedo's, will he get fired ? :)
I am wearing yoga pants to the meet and greet i hope no one gets offended. :twisted: Sorry you will miss it Linda. :lol:
Black Rifles Matter
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I didn't realize they made them in a short size... :P
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

carmen fovozzo wrote:I didn't realize they made them in a short size... :P
Jeff said i could barrow his. :wink:
Black Rifles Matter
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

I still have a drawer full of Lycra cycling wear from my serious cycling days! :wink:
Abandon ye all HOPE!
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Adam sat Eve down and said, "Our clothing expenses are WAY too high. We need to cut costs. Have you been hiding anything from me?"
In response, Eve agreed with him and turned a new leaf.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
rouger10

Post by rouger10 »

carmen fovozzo wrote:

Not if he owns the carpet store !!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, you said office !!! I must have misunderstood .

:D :D :D