GA store clerk defends himself during armed robbery

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

GA store clerk defends himself during armed robbery

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.11alive.com/article/news/lo ... -494149105" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DOUGLASVILLE, Ga. - A store clerk shot an armed robber at a Douglasville, Ga., Chevron gas station.

Located at 6590 E. Broad St./Bankhead Highway, the store clerk called 911 and told the dispatcher that the suspect pointed a handgun at him. The store clerk retrieved his own gun and shot the suspect inside the convenience store.

When officers arrived on the scene, they found the armed robbery suspect on the ground in front of the store, suffering from a single gunshot wound.
Harry Charles, another loyal customer, who calls the clerk his good friend, made his way to the station to see what happened.

"I called him and he didn't pick up. I was worried about that. That is why I stopped here this morning. But I'm glad he is OK and he did what he had to do," Charles said.

The store clerk was not injured and Darrell attributes that to the clerk having gun nearby.

"He works in a dangerous situation," he said. "He works at a gas station. I mean all hours of the night, people go in; people go out. It is a high-crime area around here. So, I feel right that he has to have a gun to defend himself if it comes down to it."