Pilot arrested for loaded handgun in carry-on

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Pilot arrested for loaded handgun in carry-on

Post by bignflnut »

Statement from St. Louis Lambert International Airport:

St. Louis Lambert International Airport police arrested a 51 year old airline pilot Wednesday morning for unlawful use of a weapon after Transportation Security Administration (TSA) officers discovered a loaded 9mm pistol in his carry-on luggage. The pilot, a First Officer who works for Southwest Airlines, was detained shortly before 5 a.m. in the Terminal 2 checkpoint prior to him boarding his aircraft, Southwest flight, #1106 from St. Louis to Las Vegas.

The suspect did not have any conceal and carry permit or any other authorization to carry a firearm. Charges are pending and will be handled through St. Louis County.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
ArmedAviator

Re: Pilot arrested for loaded handgun in carry-on

Post by ArmedAviator »

FWIW, I on occasion use my roll-a-board bag to stay overnight at family's or friends. Usually a gun and spare mags go in there. I am pretty careful to ensure what goes in comes back out before going to work.....but I've stopped just short of security a few times just to double check.

It's also happened to one of our employees, however she did had a CHL. Her and her coworker for that trip explained to me what happened and luckily she was let go, just late for work after locking it up in her car. I'm surprised the TSA handled it as such. It seems alot of TSA agents want to be on a power trip and make a scene so they can be "Johnny the Hero" on the news.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Pilot arrested for loaded handgun in carry-on

Post by steves 50de »

ArmedAviator wrote:FWIW, I on occasion use my roll-a-board bag to stay overnight at family's or friends. Usually a gun and spare mags go in there. I am pretty careful to ensure what goes in comes back out before going to work.....but I've stopped just short of security a few times just to double check.

It's also happened to one of our employees, however she did had a CHL. Her and her coworker for that trip explained to me what happened and luckily she was let go, just late for work after locking it up in her car. I'm surprised the TSA handled it as such. It seems alot of TSA agents want to be on a power trip and make a scene so they can be "Johnny the Hero" on the news.
That because the morons at the TSA miss like 90 percent of the guns anyways :roll: Of course they make a scene when they find one. :roll:
Black Rifles Matter