Pump action rifle used in NY shooting

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Pump action rifle used in NY shooting

Post by M-Quigley »

It's also another example of body armor being used in a crime, although it didn't make any difference in his arrest, as he wasn't shot at anyway.

The reason there wasn't a high casualty count had nothing to do with the pump action, it was mainly that he was shooting randomly at the outside of a building, instead of being inside and aiming at people. So much for their gun laws. :roll:

http://www.whio.com/news/national/polic ... OoyC83dyN/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. — It's a "miracle" more people weren't hurt when a man dressed in camouflage, wearing body armor and armed with two rifles sprayed a retail store with bullets, wounding one man, before being tackled by police, authorities said.

Police in Cheektowaga, near Buffalo, said the gunfire erupted around 2:45 p.m. Tuesday outside a Dollar General store. The gunman fired repeatedly at the store's entrance from outside while several customers and employees were inside, police Chief David Zack said.
A pump-action, AR-15-style rifle was used to fire at least 20 rounds during the shooting, police said at a Wednesday news conference. Another 850 rounds and what appeared to be a semi-automatic rifle with ammunition magazines were found in his car, police said. (Authorities had earlier described both weapons as being semi-automatic rifles.)
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Pump action rifle used in NY shooting

Post by WY_Not »

Was it a high-capacity assault pump action rifle or a standard-capacity assault pump action rifle? :roll:
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

not to mention the neighboring store owner who ran down the shooter with his car.
Pinnavaia said he jumped in his car, drove across a grassy strip and hit the gunman, who flew over the vehicle and landed on the ground. The man, now unarmed, got up and ran with Pinnavaia and his employee in pursuit.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Guess he couldn't find reverse quickly enough. :evil:
Bruenor wrote:not to mention the neighboring store owner who ran down the shooter with his car.
Pinnavaia said he jumped in his car, drove across a grassy strip and hit the gunman, who flew over the vehicle and landed on the ground. The man, now unarmed, got up and ran with Pinnavaia and his employee in pursuit.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Bruenor wrote:not to mention the neighboring store owner who ran down the shooter with his car.
Joe Biden should love that guy.....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Not to be flippant, but the rate of fire for a pump-action rifle isn't exactly high. That counts as "spraying bullets" now?

To be fair, even one bullet fired at me is one too many, but still...
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

WY_Not wrote:Was it a high-capacity assault pump action rifle or a standard-capacity assault pump action rifle? :roll:
It must have been a 1897 Winchester pump or a Ithaca model 37 pump.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

qmti wrote:
WY_Not wrote:Was it a high-capacity assault pump action rifle or a standard-capacity assault pump action rifle? :roll:
It must have been a 1897 Winchester pump or a Ithaca model 37 pump.
I was picturing the Remington 7615
https://www.americanrifleman.org/articl ... ion-rifle/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

To the news media anything that is faster than a bolt action is spraying bullets :roll:

Hopefully someone won't be doing this in the near future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t8R8j0WllE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Somebody was making a Kalifornia compliant (at that time) AR style rifle that was pump action, and still fed from the standard box magazines. I don't know what company it was, such abominations turn my stomach to even look at.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Brian D. wrote:Somebody was making a Kalifornia compliant (at that time) AR style rifle that was pump action, and still fed from the standard box magazines. I don't know what company it was, such abominations turn my stomach to even look at.
A friend built one in 458 Socom just because he could. There were issues with the lockup after firing, as in he couldn't get the slide to move easily after firing a round, you really had to muscle it, so it was not practical. Maybe in a smaller caliber it would have been OK. but that's how we learn. Would I ever buy one ? no thanks.

I'll leave the pumps on my shotguns and .22s gallery gun.

I did see one of those 7615P that I posted above at the LGS. I guess it was supposed to be a less threatening looking 'patrol rifle'.
Μολὼν λαβέ

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson