UK couple find 7500 bullets in their pond

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

UK couple find 7500 bullets in their pond

Post by M-Quigley »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -pond.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is a preview of some of the comments in the article.
Neil Tipping, 33, who lives with his girlfriend Eleanor Mercer, 32, made the shocking discovery while he was clearing weeds from the water feature.

He said he saw a flash of metal and thought it was a piece of gold, but upon closer inspection he found that it was actually a bullet.

Police officers arrived at the house where they discovered 2.2mm rifle rounds, up to 30 machine gun rounds, shotgun cartridges, and a cache of 9mm and 8mm rounds.
2.2mm?
Now the pair are worried there may be more rounds of undiscovered ammunition in their home.

Mr Tipping said: 'It’s really unnerved us. I’m terrified that next time I’m mowing the lawn I’ll run over a bullet that hasn’t been found yet. One of us could be seriously hurt.

We have friends with young children who could have put one of the bullets in their mouth, or one of our cats could have got hold of one - it doesn’t bear thinking about.
Shocked: Eleanor Mercer and Neil Tipping stumbled upon a haul of ammunition in their rented home

Shocked: Eleanor Mercer and Neil Tipping stumbled upon a haul of ammunition in their rented home

'We were planning to be in this house for years - now we want to move out as soon as we can.
and
Ms Mercer added: 'I rang my dad because he used to be in the Navy, and he told us not to touch them because they could be dangerous.
:roll:
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: UK couple find 7500 bullets in their pond

Post by techmike »

Funny story. One person's small collection of vintage cartridges is another persons cache of machine gun ammo.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Re: UK couple find 7500 bullets in their pond

Post by evan price »

http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic. ... d#p4213597" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I posted this more than 4 years ago...
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.