BOX Truck in NYC strikes multiple pedestrians...

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

BOX Truck in NYC strikes multiple pedestrians...

Post by bignflnut »

The scene is near Hudson Street and Chambers Street. According to witnesses, a man in a box truck veered off the road and struck the victims. The as-yet-unidentified suspect has reportedly been taken into custody.

At least eight people have been injured and two are reported dead, the New York Post reports. It was unclear if this was an act of terrorism. The NYPD has yet to release a statement. Many of those injured were shot.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: BOX Truck in NYC strikes multiple pedestrians...

Post by bignflnut »

At least two people were fatally shot in Lower Manhattan Tuesday afternoon by a gunman firing from his truck, police sources said.

The gunman, who is in police custody, shot at least six people at West Street and Chambers Street, which is near Stuyvesant High School, at 3:15 p.m.

“What happened was there was a car crash… he came out of one of the cars. He had two guns. He was running around Chambers and somebody started to chase him,” said Laith Bahlouli, 14, a Stuyvesant student. “I heard four to six gunshots – everybody starts running.”
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Didn't the truck driver get the NY City health warning about how guns jump up by themselves and shoot innocent people?
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Clearly the only way to stop this is NYC should ban box trucks. :roll:
Black Rifles Matter
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Javelin Man wrote:Didn't the truck driver get the NY City health warning about how guns jump up by themselves and shoot innocent people?
Sounds like sudden jihad syndrome. Jihady Rented home depot truck. reports he had automatic weapons.
Black Rifles Matter
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

bignflnut wrote:
At least two people were fatally shot in Lower Manhattan Tuesday afternoon by a gunman firing from his truck, police sources said.

The gunman, who is in police custody, shot at least six people at West Street and Chambers Street, which is near Stuyvesant High School, at 3:15 p.m.

“What happened was there was a car crash… he came out of one of the cars. He had two guns. He was running around Chambers and somebody started to chase him,” said Laith Bahlouli, 14, a Stuyvesant student. “I heard four to six gunshots – everybody starts running.”
A man in a pickup truck killed eight people when he drove onto the West Side bike path in lower Manhattan Tuesday afternoon — and then shouted “Allahu Akbar” as he got out of the car with fake guns, police sources said.
From the source above, they said he had fake guns, but they also said he shot at least six people. and killed two.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

steves 50de wrote:Clearly the only way to stop this is NYC should ban box trucks.
Ban citizens. I mean, if no one had been on the path, he couldn't have hurt anyone, could he?
marca

Post by marca »

Javelin Man wrote: From the source above, they said he had fake guns, but they also said he shot at least six people. and killed two.
They're from New York - maybe they died of fright at the sight of the fake guns.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

marca wrote:
Javelin Man wrote: From the source above, they said he had fake guns, but they also said he shot at least six people. and killed two.
They're from New York - maybe they died of fright at the sight of the fake guns.
I was telling a Brooklyn native friend who lives here now about the incident this evening; he had just flown back from a Florida vacation and he'd not heard about it. Gently reminded him that such an attack would likely not go so well for the terrorist if tried in Cincytucky, because some upstanding citizen here would be licensed and armed. It's taken some effort on my part but he acknowledged NYC has the whole idea of an unarmed citizenry wrong.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

And a box truck was used in the Oklahoma City bombing. We need a law to control access to box trucks...
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

dustymedic wrote:And a box truck was used in the Oklahoma City bombing. We need a law to control access to box trucks...
From the pictures this one was a flat bed rental from Home Depot. And the reports are now saying he had a BB gun and a paintball gun. Cause, you know, REAL guns are not legal in NYC.
Last edited by techmike on Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Javelin Man wrote:
bignflnut wrote:

A man in a pickup truck killed eight people when he drove onto the West Side bike path in lower Manhattan Tuesday afternoon — and then shouted “Allahu Akbar” as he got out of the car with fake guns, police sources said.
From the source above, they said he had fake guns, but they also said he shot at least six people. and killed two.
I read this description in one of the links.
Saipov collided with a school bus at Chambers Street, injuring two adults and two children inside.

He then got out with the pellet and paintball guns — sending panicked bystanders fleeing through the streets, sources said.

Tom Gay said he was walking near West Street and Warren Street when a woman came barreling around the corner shouting, “He has a gun! He has a gun!”
As I was getting gas tonight, I had the van radio on to hear the news and weather. The news lady read the news as "A Trump massacre in New York." Someone else getting gas heard it also and was confused, because he hadn't heard the real story earlier, like I had. The woman meant to say, "A truck massacre" :roll:
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Sure she did, sure she did. :mrgreen: I'd be more likely to believe that she said exactly what she meant to say.
M-Quigley wrote:As I was getting gas tonight, I had the van radio on to hear the news and weather. The news lady read the news as "A Trump massacre in New York." Someone else getting gas heard it also and was confused, because he hadn't heard the real story earlier, like I had. The woman meant to say, "A truck massacre" :roll:
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Much more accurate here to lay blame at the feet of Amy Schumer's brain damaged cousin Chucky boy. He pushed hard for the visa law language that allowed this particular terrorist time bomb come into the U.S.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

3 questions:
1. Were some of the victims actually shot?
2. Did the terrorist actually have BB/paintball guns, and not real firearms?
(NYPD is stating 1st precinct "lit him up")
3. If innocent folk WERE shot, would forensics show NYPD shot them?

Just curious.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788