BOX Truck in NYC strikes multiple pedestrians...

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: BOX Truck in NYC strikes multiple pedestrians...

Post by bignflnut »

dustymedic wrote:And a box truck was used in the Oklahoma City bombing. We need a law to control access to box trucks...
Especially in school zones...THAT'll learn em.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I don't find this amusing except for our Congress critters who wanted to let these type of terrorists in on a special visa.... :evil:
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

carmen fovozzo wrote:I don't find this amusing except for our Congress critters who wanted to let these type of terrorists in on a special visa.... :evil:
It's almost as if some of them think that Americans live too well and need to be punished for it... HARD.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

While they are protected by armed guards...
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

carmen fovozzo wrote:While they are protected by armed guards...
But of course.

And if your life had any value, you'd have armed guards too!
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

techmike wrote:3 questions:
1. Were some of the victims actually shot?
2. Did the terrorist actually have BB/paintball guns, and not real firearms?
(NYPD is stating 1st precinct "lit him up")
3. If innocent folk WERE shot, would forensics show NYPD shot them?

Just curious.
Excellent questions.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

Brian D. wrote:
techmike wrote:3 questions:
1. Were some of the victims actually shot?
2. Did the terrorist actually have BB/paintball guns, and not real firearms?
(NYPD is stating 1st precinct "lit him up")
3. If innocent folk WERE shot, would forensics show NYPD shot them?

Just curious.
Excellent questions.
Now if Obama was still in office it would have made no difference if the terrorist shot the victims or the police accidentally shot them. After his expression of condolences to the victims he would have gone into his anti-gun sermon.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

THe Mayor and Governor kept praising the fire FD and PD..."someone tell these two misfits that 8 people were killed and many enjured....anyone can do a clean up....
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

^ Yes.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
Ray81
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Ray81 »

I was in Lower Manhatten when this attack happened while on a business trip.
People were chatting about this attack all day. Some females were scared to visit the Halloween parade just a few blocks north of where this attack happened.

I think overall many New Yorkers don't care or perhaps they show off that they don't care to avoid negative thoughts. They have moved on because it did not personally affect them. Can't say the same for the victims and their immediate family. Even tho this was a terrorist attack I'm assuming people here perhaps don't care a lot about this event due to the fact that people die here from accidents everyday, pedestrians are constantly getting hit by cars because they J walk.
Many educated females in good positions do not take the SUBWAY to work. They are constantly afraid of getting touched, or worse get pushed on the tracks of a moving train in the subway.

I went on the subway few days ago. One guy was either drunk or was mentally challenged. He was sitting across from me flipping everyone off, saying random things out loudly. This is business as usual in NYC. You have to ignore them or laugh it off.

Its good to see cops every where in NYC, but still if someone wanted to do bad things they will do it. I see top CEOs and their family getting private armed security when they enter a building, while I have to travel defenseless in NYC. So if you have lots of money and can afford private security or are a cop, or detective, then you can carry a gun. The average man is defenseless.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

This morning I heard a so-called terrorism expert who works in national level media report that access by vehicles to such sites needs to be "hardened" against unauthorized vehicle traffic. Sounds good as a stand alone platitude, doesn't it?
But think about some area like this park/walking/biking/green space in your own neck of the woods. Seasonally, it can be very busy, because they will have food stands, merchants selling crafts, artists, entertainment, etc. especially during festivals and other (good weather) times of the year. I'll type this out slowly for anybody who doesn't get it: T h a t r e q u I r e s m a n y v e h I c l e s t o c o m e a n d g o t h r o u g h o u t t h e c o u r s e o f t h e e v e n t.

This particular ex-FBI agent, now correspondent, has said something just to hear himself talk way too many times.

********************************************************************************
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

Brian D. wrote:This morning I heard a so-called terrorism expert who works in national level media report that access by vehicles to such sites needs to be "hardened" against unauthorized vehicle traffic. Sounds good as a stand alone platitude, doesn't it?
But think about some area like this park/walking/biking/green space in your own neck of the woods. Seasonally, it can be very busy, because they will have food stands, merchants selling crafts, artists, entertainment, etc. especially during festivals and other (good weather) times of the year. I'll type this out slowly for anybody who doesn't get it: T h a t r e q u I r e s m a n y v e h I c l e s t o c o m e a n d g o t h r o u g h o u t t h e c o u r s e o f t h e e v e n t.

This particular ex-FBI agent, now correspondent, has said something just to hear himself talk way too many times.
Well there was no gun involved so the standard (more gun control...blah blah blah...NRA bad...blah blah blah..) talking points won't work so they have to come up with some other half baked, screw with everybody who didn't do it ideas to make noise about.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

WestonDon wrote:... so they have to come up with some other half baked, screw with everybody who didn't do it ideas to make noise about.
Background checks to rent a truck.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Sorry, I had that earlier post spaced perfectly but the forum software messed it up. Won't be trying that clever typing trick again, ever.

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

147Doc wrote:
WestonDon wrote:... so they have to come up with some other half baked, screw with everybody who didn't do it ideas to make noise about.
Background checks to rent a truck.
And waiting periods...
But then there's the dreaded truck show loophole...
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798