Group organizes to fight "Murder Insurance"

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Group organizes to fight "Murder Insurance"

Post by Bruenor »

Maybe they haven't read the fine print that says you don't get a dime if the shooting is not justified.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/19/mu ... cases.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The National Rifle Association has launched a new insurance program for people who shoot someone. And it's stirring criticism from gun-control advocates who say it could foster more violence and give gun owners a false sense of security to shoot first and ask questions later.
A new gun-control group called Guns Down is urging the two insurance companies that back the policies to drop out.

They've launched an ad campaign to draw attention to the insurance. It features a video message from Sybrina Fulton. She's the mother of Trayvon Martin
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
M-Quigley

Re: Group organizes to fight "Murder Insurance"

Post by M-Quigley »

The anti gun forces sad tactics are predictable and haven't changed much over the years. Denying the 2nd Amendment is not enough, they want to deny the accused their other rights too, or bankrupt someone if they defend themselves against a wrongful accusation. This is not new for them however. Back when Massad Ayoob published his book, In The Gravest Extreme: The Role of the Firearm in Personal Protection, some people were saying it was a book on how to murder people and get away with it. :roll:
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

This is rather ironic, given that back in the '80s and '90s, demands for mandatory insurance for gun owners were a mainstay of the anti-gun cult.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

deanimator wrote:This is rather ironic, given that back in the '80s and '90s, demands for mandatory insurance for gun owners were a mainstay of the anti-gun cult.
Good catch!
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Brian D. wrote:
deanimator wrote:This is rather ironic, given that back in the '80s and '90s, demands for mandatory insurance for gun owners were a mainstay of the anti-gun cult.
Good catch!
It's like the brown shirt left thinks that people have the memory capacity of goldfish. Of course a huge portion of them haven't read anything besides the preface to a Noam Chomsksy book and the menu board at McDonald's.

Back in the day in FidoNet and usenet, it was hilarious to see leftists express shock and outrage that you would actually have the temerity to remember what they said six months ago and note the contradictions. Quoting them... VERBATIM literally sent them into an insane rage.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Yes, I recall that, great point. Was the insurance they wanted to protect the gun owner who was defending him or her self from a malicious prosecution, or did they merely want money to be paid to the so called gun victim? (ghetto lottery)
Cybercop

Post by Cybercop »

M-Quigley wrote:
Yes, I recall that, great point. Was the insurance they wanted to protect the gun owner who was defending him or her self from a malicious prosecution, or did they merely want money to be paid to the so called gun victim? (ghetto lottery)
That was the Lottery type back then, they really don't want you to be able to defend yourself in court. It's like the old saying, You may beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride!
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."

Edward Everett Hale (decedent of Nathan Hale)
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

There is one positive aspect to this story. I went and checked out the Guns Down website. They had a youtube video there of Martin's mother speaking. At the end of the video, the next one that youtube comes up with is an excellent video about Kurt Russell doing 2 different interviews on gun control. Although it is from 2015, I was not aware of it. So in effect that first video led me to a good video. :)

Also after that video is one where the actor that played Lt. Dan in Forrest Gump was interviewed. This guy also has done gun documentaries on a sportsman type channel. On this same video, Bruce Willis makes more good comments, "How do you legislate insanity?" Now normally I could care less what an actor or celebrity says about anything, unless they have some real life direct personal experience in the subject. In these examples, their responses to gun control are great by themselves, even taking the actor or celebrity aspect out of it. Just as someone shouldn't automatically believe what an actor says, or give it more weight than someone else who isn't famous, it doesn't mean they are automatically wrong either. Perhaps they can help sway opinion of the uninformed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaupkJPw8wE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Kurt Russell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVE9LVUYpuk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;