Deputy disarmed by paramedic after firing after panic attack

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Deputy disarmed by paramedic after firing after panic attack

Post by M-Quigley »

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/crim ... 759465001/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cody was unarmed and being held on the ground by Johnson and paramedic Blake Gregg when Johnson fired four shots toward a set of mobile homes, paused and fired three more, the video obtained by the USA TODAY NETWORK - Tennessee showed. He ran away from Cody and Gregg toward Sharp Road.
Mullinax walked onto his porch with a cell phone in his hand. The porch was facing Johnson. But Johnson wrote in his report he heard a noise behind him.

“I heard a male voice coming from a short distance behind me shout, ‘I’ve got a gun, (expletive),’” Johnson wrote. “I turned to notice (a suspect) pacing wildly on the porch of a nearby mobile home and then squat while aiming an object at me that appeared to be a firearm in his hand. I immediately discharged my weapon.”

Johnson issued no warning and fired over Gregg’s head.

Mullinax, records show, did not say he had a gun or threaten to harm Johnson. He had a cell phone and yelled at Johnson that he was filming the deputy’s handling of girlfriend Cody.
There are some interesting pictures from the body camera, although the angles might be deceptive in some of them. No word on where the seven rounds ended up, but nothing reported on injuries, so that's a good thing.
scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Deputy disarmed by paramedic after firing after panic at

Post by scottb »

Great job by the paramedics. Not sure I would have returned the firearm quite so soon. He still sounded a bit uneasy. Of course, seeing him face to face perhaps put the paramedic at ease.
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”― George Carlin
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Perhaps the better option would be to return it to his commander/chief/whatever and let them make the call. But, that is water over the dam.
scottb wrote:Great job by the paramedics. Not sure I would have returned the firearm quite so soon. He still sounded a bit uneasy. Of course, seeing him face to face perhaps put the paramedic at ease.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Perhaps another profession would be in order for this officer..
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

Already under discussion in tactics.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.