CHL holder turns tables on armed attacker

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

CHL holder turns tables on armed attacker

Post by M-Quigley »

http://www.whio.com/news/national/robbe ... =cb_widget" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
— An attempted armed robbery was thwarted when one of two intended victims pulled out his own gun and began shooting in self-defense — and the intense ordeal was all caught on video.
Sanchez Quinn, 29, tried to rob two men at gunpoint outside of a Detroit supermarket Sunday night according to the New York Post. Much to his surprise, however, one of his victims turned out to be a concealed pistol license holder.

“I turned and looked and saw the other gentleman had a gun pointed at my face,” the unidentified man said, recalling the incident. “I was able to knock his hand down, and the gunfire rang out.”

In the dramatic footage, the robber and the victim trade shots after the victim pushes the robber’s gun away. The armed victim, who can be seen wearing a black and white T-shirt and shorts, successfully took down the robber by shooting him multiple times. Both Quinn and the third man, identified as the victim’s cousin, suffered gunshots wounds but are expected to recover. Quinn, who is still in the hospital, was arrested along with one other person. Police say the victims may not have survived if one of them hadn’t been armed.
I don't think if I was the victim I'd be calling the armed robber a "gentleman", but whatever. :roll:

“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
― Dalai Lama XIV
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: CHL holder turns tables on armed attacker

Post by techmike »

Another happy ending. Cound't find the video of the actual incident though.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
Bruenor

Re: CHL holder turns tables on armed attacker

Post by Bruenor »

techmike wrote:Another happy ending. Couldn't find the video of the actual incident though.
You have to follow the link back to the article in the NY post. or the original article on FOX2 Detroit.
http://nypost.com/2017/10/11/robbery-th ... ealed-gun/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-n ... r-on-video" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson