suspended Euclid cop now fired, was stunned by partner?

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

suspended Euclid cop now fired, was stunned by partner?

Post by M-Quigley »

This is an update to a previous thread
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php? ... d#p4379253" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This update is not posted to start a debate on whether these types of news stories make all cops look bad, etc, not trying to go there. :roll: There is a statement in the article referring to stun guns. Stun guns are also carried by some civilians for personal defense, so this question should be relevant to that. In the article it says,

http://www.whio.com/news/local/officer- ... iUP1V3ENJ/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Documents show Amiott violated police protocol by failing to tell Hubbard he was under arrest before grabbing him. Video and records show Amiott and Hubbard were tussling when Amiott's partner shocked them both with a stun gun, sending them falling to the ground.
My one and only experience seeing a stun gun used (not a taser) in real life, I was not shocked from contact with the suspect. In that instance the stun gun worked fine in taking the suspect to the ground. The officer placed the stun gun in the suspects back, and had a hold on him also. Neither of us were shocked. I watched the video, and it was difficult to tell whether Amiott was accidentally touched with a stun gun or not, so I don't know if that's the explanation. Has anyone heard of or experienced getting shocked second hand from a stun gun before? Or was the device actually a Taser, and can this happen with a Taser?