14 yo shoots mountain lion to protect family livestock

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

14 yo shoots mountain lion to protect family livestock

Post by Bruenor »

Now there's a kid that was brought up right, and who's family obviously trusts his judgement. Not sure how many mothers would allow their 14 year old kid to stake out the yard for a mountain lion issue.

http://www.grindtv.com/wildlife/14-year ... tain-lion/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I was just sitting there and all of sudden one of our cats was back there too, and the mountain lion jumped on it," Dalton Shreff told the Rapid City Journal. "When I saw the mountain lion, I grabbed my gun quietly so I didn't scare it off, quietly loaded one round, looked through the scope and shot it. When I shot it, it jumped about 20 feet and then did a face plant."

The boy had planned to stake out the yard after the mountain lion had killed a goat, a duck, a chicken, and a different house cat on his family's property outside the town of Custer.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: 14 yo shoots mountain lion to protect family livestock

Post by carmen fovozzo »

DUDE....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
drc

Re: 14 yo shoots mountain lion to protect family livestock

Post by drc »

There are more than one here in Ohio. I saw the footprints of one while hunting. This summer I ran into a man and his wife at the big car show in downtown Wooster and after found out where he lived, told them what I saw. The woman said "That is OK, I saw her with her 2 cubs".

I also saw the bear prints before it ambled into Hartville Ohio in the last year or so.

I also saw one on Medina Line Rd a bunch of years back and the ex-LEO that runs the Volkswagen shop in Copley said he heard someone killed it. We had footprints here in Norton around my place, my horses were very antsy that year, always staring into the woods behind our property and my son would find piles of deer bones back there.

A friend of mine is a LEO. From his contacts he found out that a huge coywolf (coyote - wolf -dog hybrid) was nuisance trapped up in Gates Mills. There is a person at (I believe OSU, ie: a university) that wants extra large coyotes for genetic testing to determine how much wolf genetics is in the coyote population.

It won't be too long before we have more incidents like the one above here in Ohio. About 10 yrs ago something killed a cow and bull a few miles south of me. The Norton PD has a dashcam video of something crossing the road in our area.