~70 firearms stolen in home invasion - Garfield Heights OH

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

~70 firearms stolen in home invasion - Garfield Heights OH

Post by Bruenor »

Hope he had additional insurance for those firearms. :(

http://www.news5cleveland.com/news/loca ... e-invasion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“They came in and busted into the bedroom door grabbed me put me on the floor, grabbed him put him on the floor,” the female victim told a 911 dispatcher.

According to the police report, the two men emptied out pillowcases and used them to load up the resident's collection of about 70 guns. Several thousand rounds of 9mm and .22 caliber ammunition, as well as a water jug filled with change, were also taken.

Detective Pete Stroe told News 5 the thieves knew the couple was gun collectors.

“The suspects told the homeowners, the victims, that somebody told them about the guns and the safes, so they knew to hit this house,”
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: ~70 firearms stolen in home invasion - Garfield Heights

Post by Javelin Man »

She had them go through criminal background checks, didn't she? Perhaps she already knew the answer and didn't need the background check?
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I smell Carp.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

carmen fovozzo wrote:I smell Carp.
Wash your mustache. :P
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Here is a gun guy who is asleep on his couch and hears someone trying to brake down his front door.....his reaction is zip....something just doesn't sound right...He had the brains to have his guns in a safe, I think, how do you get 70 guns in a safe ? But yet it sounds like he had a Micky Mouse lock on his front door....and the BG new someone that new the home owner had that many guns in his home...I'm not buying it...yet.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Some people buy fire extinguishers for their house and never bother ahead of time to figure out how they operate, Carmen. Some people collect guns but have no idea about self-defense use, or any sort of pre-plan.

I know one guy, very talented trap and skeet shooter, has some other guns too. Keeps them all in the safe, unloaded, at all times. Any other plan makes his wife "uncomfortable". He has caught her being lazy about locking outside doors when she comes into their house.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

carmen fovozzo wrote:I smell Carp.
That was my first reaction too, Carmen.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

I know someone who lives nearby who has a large gun and ammo collection. (probably not 70 guns but pretty large, and NFA as well) He sometimes reminds me of Burt in the movie Tremors. (I mean that in a good way :) ) He doesn't keep all his stuff in just one place either. I only know a part of his home security, but I guarantee that no one is going to enter his property without him knowing, if someone is home. It won't be just him shooting at the home invaders either, but the whole family. If they are not there, there are people in the neighborhood (like myself) that keep an eye on the property. He does however live out in the country, and those measures are easier to take than in the city.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Just a guess...70 guns and ammo could be worth 40 50 grand....not a bad haul...on the street who knows....Insurance company will take a good look at this...I hope I'm wrong with this guy and it went down like he said....I wouldn't bet either way right now.. Lot of people out and about at 8 in the morning..
Darkness

Post by Darkness »

If I ever get my house broken into, it will be the same thing:

Officer: Sir, just how many guns were stolen?

Me: Ah, there were seven... tee... yeah, there were seventy of them! Sorry, no serial numbers, but I can write down the brand, model and how many of all of them! I'll start with my Nighthawk 1911s and move on to my Korth revolvers.
It was not fair, it was not fair, it was not fair. So cried his child's heart, and then his child's heart died a little. For that is also the way of the world.
Imcrazy

Post by Imcrazy »

Too bad the guy didn't spend some of the money on self defense training instead of guns he clearly didn't learn how to use.... Be armed all the time folks.
-Aaron
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

It's unfortunately not the first time someone has a large gun collection but no plan for security, other than maybe a safe.
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

When I was growing up, the #1 rule about the guns in our house was we don't talk about the guns in our house. My dad did not want anybody thinking they should rob us because they heard about what firearms we had.