Alleged active shooter shot in northern Ohio

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Alleged active shooter shot in northern Ohio

Post by M-Quigley »

http://www.whio.com/news/crime--law/act ... Z6Ys9mTLL/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although it's great that there were no innocent victims, I hope this isn't some kind of trend. :(
WayneB
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Alleged active shooter shot in northern Ohio

Post by WayneB »

A little late in seeing this, but this was in Barberton. He was indeed an "active shooter", but didn't shoot until the police arrived. (Someone called in a MWAG. He was at a local storage facility just sitting/standing around - with a gun.) Then he shot at them and they shot back, hitting him, but not incapacitating him. His location was near the Barberton HS, where there was an activity going on - so they locked down the school for a bit and shut down the road in both directions.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

WayneB wrote:A little late in seeing this, but this was in Barberton. He was indeed an "active shooter", but didn't shoot until the police arrived. (Someone called in a MWAG. He was at a local storage facility just sitting/standing around - with a gun.) Then he shot at them and they shot back, hitting him, but not incapacitating him. His location was near the Barberton HS, where there was an activity going on - so they locked down the school for a bit and shut down the road in both directions.
So was he wanting to shoot cops? or wanted to get shot by cops?
drc

Post by drc »

it was never really said. he was under disability for possession of firearms, domestic violence, felony drug conviction if I remember correctly. the staff at the storage facility is who called it in that he was standing around in plain sight with a rifle (if I remember correctly IIRC )

he started shooting when the police showed up, no shots were fired beforehand (IIRC)

if it had been a true planned ambush, I don't think he would have just been standing there for all to see