Possible mass murderer stopped by home owner

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Possible mass murderer stopped by home owner

Post by M-Quigley »

https://news.hjnews.com/allaccess/polic ... edd11.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The guy had it out for one of the two citizens in the trailer, plus a cop. The criminal may have thought that if was going to be a mass murder, followed by suicide by cop. Not how it turned out. It's possible the armed citizens did more than just save their own lives.
One person is dead and two people were injured Sunday afternoon in Rich County in a shooting that apparently involved a suicidal man — but investigators say the man did not die of his own hand.
Part of the incident played out on social media, although not in a manner that clearly predicted what was to come. Beginning at 11:47 a.m., 53-year-old Rick Bywater posted the first of three rants on his Facebook page.

Part of that first post Sunday states: “Thanks to all my supporters and those that oppose me can kiss my butt, family or not. (Slightly Smiling Face emoji):] live prosper and good luck.to all in the future, I dd the best i could with what i had to work with, signing off.”

During the next hour, there were two more posts and a number of responses to commenters. He expressed an intense displeasure with specific people, including one of the two victims and a law enforcement officer.
The shooting reportedly took place in the Sweetwater trailer park just before 1 p.m.

According to scanner traffic, police were dispatched to the area after receiving reports of a man walking through the trailer park. He allegedly fired the gun into a neighbor’s home and walked down the road shooting at other homes.

The incident was initially paged out as an active shooter incident, but a Rich County officer was later heard telling another investigator that it wasn’t what he originally said it was.