armed retired cop arrested outside of White House

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

armed retired cop arrested outside of White House

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pu ... 64f55b50ab" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ex-officer arrested near White House with weapons cache in car, authorities say

A former Tennessee police officer who was arrested outside the White House on Sunday had a cache of weapons in his car and told authorities he came for help removing a chip he thought had been implanted in his head, according to court documents.

Several of the firearms were loaded and some were described as assault-style weapons, including an AR-15 and an AK-47, according to authorities.

A spokesman for the Memphis Police Department said the suspect, Timothy J. Bates, 37, of Collierville, Tenn., had been an officer there for 13 years before leaving in 2013. Court records show he was allowed to retire early because of medical issues.

A D.C. Superior Court judge on Monday ordered Bates detained until a preliminary hearing on Thursday. An arrest affidavit says Bates was committed for mental health issues in February.
and
The guns, according to the arrest affidavit, include a Bushmaster M-4 semiautomatic rifle along with 90 rounds of ammunition; an AR-47 rifle; a Norinco AK-47 rifle; a .45-caliber Glock pistol; an Intratec Tec-9 pistol with a silencer; a Rossi .357-caliber revolver and a Smith & Wesson .45-caliber handgun. Police said they also recovered a Vulcan V10 .45-caliber firearm, which they said qualifies as a fully operational machine gun.

Authorities said the firearms are illegal in the District. Court papers did not describe any plan to use the weapons.

The affidavit says the Bushmaster and AK-47 rifles were in the car and “within arms reach of the driver.” One was out of its case and on the passenger seat; the other was in a case between the passenger and driver’s seats.
Nice collection. (I'm a little jealous) :roll:
zeko

Re: armed retired cop arrested outside of White House

Post by zeko »

Nice collection indeed . . . especially that extremely rare AR-47 rifle . . .

zeko
Bianchi?

Post by Bianchi? »

zeko wrote:Nice collection indeed . . . especially that extremely rare AR-47 rifle . . .

zeko
I'm surprised he didn't have a Glock 7 if he managed to get his hands on that AR-47//
I've had consistently good results with ether.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

zeko wrote:Nice collection indeed . . . especially that extremely rare AR-47 rifle . . .

zeko
I didn't realize they were rare. Why is that?

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/compone ... l?Itemid=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm confused about the statement that the V10 qualifies as a full auto firearm. I thought it was just a remake of the old MAC 10, only in a ATF approved closed bolt configuration. I know the old open bolt firing designs ended up being considered full auto because they were easily convertible to FA, but not the closed bolt designs.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Import into USA stopped many years ago. I own a type 56 Norinco fold under stock pretty rare now a days. The holy grail of rare AKs is the polytech legend milled, new in box, about 4 to 5 thousand now. If you can find someone willing to part with one.
Black Rifles Matter
zeko

Post by zeko »

M-Quigley wrote:

zeko
I didn't realize they were rare. Why is that?

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/compone ... l?Itemid=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Must be rare . . . ad says they are sold out . . . :D