CHL arrested for shooting assailant

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: CHL arrested for shooting assailant

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

M-Quigley wrote:
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:This implies that she dropped the gun upon the approach of the police.

Isn't that proper procedure? Making sure you don't have a gun in your hands when police arrive? If you don't have time to holster it, put it down.
I wasn't referring to her notifying that she defended herself, I was referring to the part where they "later found" that she had a CHL, and that after a self defense situation she failed to promptly notify (CHL) . Sorry for the confusion.
She isn't required to notify unless she's carrying a concealed firearm. If she dropped it before the police got there (or as they were pulling up) then she wasn't carrying it, and it wasn't concealed.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

WeinerDog wrote:I think that because of the current atmosphere that police are always wrong or overreacting when they shoot an unarmed indidual, it is going to become the norm that if a CHL holder shoot anyone that is unarmed you will be charged. I hope I'm wrong but doubt it.
I think that sometimes the "atmosphere" is different over different areas. :roll: Also, there are other considerations sometimes other than whether the bullet recipient is unarmed or not. For example, does anyone really think Ferguson would've rioted if Michael Brown had been white?
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

DontTreadOnMe wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:
MyWifeSaidYes wrote:This implies that she dropped the gun upon the approach of the police.

Isn't that proper procedure? Making sure you don't have a gun in your hands when police arrive? If you don't have time to holster it, put it down.
I wasn't referring to her notifying that she defended herself, I was referring to the part where they "later found" that she had a CHL, and that after a self defense situation she failed to promptly notify (CHL) . Sorry for the confusion.
She isn't required to notify unless she's carrying a concealed firearm. If she dropped it before the police got there (or as they were pulling up) then she wasn't carrying it, and it wasn't concealed.
Thanks for the clarification. b.t.w., like your patch photo :lol:
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

M-Quigley wrote:
Thanks for the clarification. b.t.w., like your patch photo :lol:
Nope, not gonna bite. :lol:
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.