CHL holder shoots self gun tangles seatbelt getting out of

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: CHL holder shoots self gun tangles seatbelt getting out

Post by TSiWRX »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:While screwing around with his gun in the car, he shoots himself.

He can't use the tried and (almost never) true excuse of 'I was cleaning it and it went off', so he scrambled for any plausible excuse.
This is definitely possible - and actually is probably the most likely scenario.
Let me know when you guys find the right combination of gun/holster/carry location that would allow a seatbelt to discharge the firearm.

:?
Again, an old/worn/damaged (leather [ http://www.itstactical.com/warcom/firea ... ischarges/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ] or hybrid, that's easy to imagine, but even polymer plastic) holster can present such concerns. And also as myself and others have presented earlier in the thread, it's far from impossible that this could have happened either as the gun owner tried to catch a gun as it was being snagged out of its holster by the seat-belt or, alternatively, if he was trying to resolve a snag and somehow managed to get his finger inside the trigger-guard (and also as I cited, this is not only possible, but has been documented by various LE-departments nationwide with at least two models of today's most highly regarded high-retention duty-WML holsters by Safariland).
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio