Look who's claiming self-defense

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Look who's claiming self-defense

Post by bignflnut »

Warning: There's video and this is a Huffington Post article.
A middle school teacher in Berkeley, California, accused of punching a neo-Nazi during a 2016 protest is arguing that standing up to fascism is not a crime.

Yvette Felarca, 47, was arrested last month for her involvement in a June 2016 anti-fascist demonstration held in Sacramento.

Felarca, who is a member of an activist group called By Any Means Necessary (BAMN), has been charged with felony assault, as well as two misdemeanor counts of inciting and participating in a riot, according to KPIX TV.

Footage of the demonstration appears to show Felarca repeatedly punching a member of the Traditionalist Worker Party, a white nationalist group described as ”a front for neo-Nazi sympathizers” by ABC 10. The taller man is holding up his hands while trying to get police officers to help. Other protesters drag the man to the ground before the police intervene.
Follow the twisted logic:
A) People that I disagree with are a threat to the community/nation. Dehumanizing language leads to violence, once again.
B) I have the right to initiate physical violence against said threat, and call it "self-defense". (The "violence" was amazingly weak, then she's tossed around like a rag doll)

This has only taken a year...and she hasn't entered a plea yet...

I'm not for fascism...no matter how they masquerade as angels of light. It's all so self important and whipped up.

These hypocrites use something just like self-defense when it comes to defending their feelings and their microaggressions (small fists of fury joke :lol: ). It's California, this might pass for some type of legal reasoning....
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Look who's claiming self-defense

Post by Gramps »

bignflnut wrote:
This has only taken a year...and she hasn't entered a plea yet...
It will go away and NOTHING will be in news.............
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

This is a common refrain from the snowflakes. Hate speech (as they define it, not just neo-nazis) creates violence of presence (micro aggression, macro aggression), so they are justified in using violence first to prevent the violence they allege might happen. In short, they are on the come.

For their sake, I hope it doesn't stick. The people of the gun might start to think the same way once a gun-grabbing Dem gets back in office. That won't work out well for them or, frankly, the country. But college snowflakes haven't been taught critical thinking skills like what is good for the goose is good for the gander. And the gander is far more heavily armed.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

As I have suggested to many others in the past, ''take the deal.''
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll