Richmond Indiana PD allegedly asleep in cruiser

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Richmond Indiana PD allegedly asleep in cruiser

Post by M-Quigley »

http://www.whio.com/news/local/facebook ... NKIyZgMWM/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is the closest big city to me. I guess if they were in a Ford Explorer they could claim CO poisoning, :roll: but it's not.
Brian D.

Re: Richmond Indiana PD allegedly asleep in cruiser

Post by Brian D. »

Long time ago I was in a Cincinnati park and saw two police cruisers parked, with an officer asleep in both of them. At that time I owned a Polaroid Instamatic camera. Also, I was friends with a lieutenant who worked in that district. He thanked me for bringing the pictures to him rather than the local media.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

When I was in Utah this spring, I stayed in Torrey for several days. I noticed a cruiser on the west side of town with what appeared to be an officer asleep in it. After passing it several times, I realized that it was a dummy. Guess they decided it was effective enough to slow down the touristers.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Suckerspawn

Post by Suckerspawn »

I take 'power naps' at work.

http://www.webmd.com/balance/features/t ... er-of-naps" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No, I am not a policeman. I am a mercenary praying for peace on Earth.
I don't want a tactical advantage. I want the bad guys to repent and find a new line of work.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Suckerspawn wrote:I take 'power naps' at work.

http://www.webmd.com/balance/features/t ... er-of-naps" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I take them in my Lazy Boy in the family room.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
docachna

Post by docachna »

Suckerspawn wrote:I take 'power naps' at work.

Yeah, but I don't take them in a marked patrol car that might as well say "SHOOT ME" on the side !!!!!!!!!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Back in the day, whenever I had a slow 3rd shift, (which was pretty often in a suburb with a population of 5500 people) I or my partner and I did business checks, or general cruising around, or even walking around downtown door checking, hanging out at the businesses which were open in the early morning, anything other than taking a nap. Once I actually found a business door unlocked, but my partner and I didn't find anything unusual inside, the owner didn't find anything missing.

That's not to say it wasn't tempting to want to do, particularly if I had class or court that morning. :( That isn't to say that there weren't some police or security napping on the job. One of the first times I had a supervisor visit me on a job site (a public housing project) was because he was trying to catch me sleeping, like he'd done with some other guards. Later on I had that same job, visiting guarded job sites.
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Let me just say that third shift is hard in law enforcement. Many manufacturing jobs at the end of one's shift they can go home and sleep. They did their 8, 10, 12 hours and are done. In law enforcement, you could have court, you may have people that you have to call during daytime hours, etc. You aren't always done when your shift is over. It's tough.

Now, I don't advocate sleeping in a patrol car on duty, but some departments have tried 30 minute breaks overnight where officers can go in quiet rooms and grab a nap and studies have shown that to be very successful in increasing productivity.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.