mom who killed home invader said it was either him or me

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

mom who killed home invader said it was either him or me

Post by M-Quigley »

http://www.whio.com/news/national/mom-w ... HTvbCNZXJ/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Police told WSB-TV that a woman called and said someone was breaking into her house, and that she had shot and killed him.

The woman was identified as Shaquita Green. She said she doesn’t know who barged into her home in the middle of the night, but she said he was armed and threatened to kill her three children.

“It was either him or me and I wasn’t going. My kids weren’t going to get hurt and they weren’t going to see me get hurt,” she said.

Green said the man, who police later identified as Keandre Funches, 27, kept asking for her husband, who wasn’t home. After he forced the family to the back of the house, she was able to get her gun and open fire.

“That’s when I stepped in front of them and said, ‘You don’t have to do all of that,’” Green said.
Green and her husband, who arrived minutes after the shooting, were taken away for questioning. Family members took the three children.

"The small children are now in the care of other family members and as just normal protocol, the female is now at the Police Department being interviewed by our detectives," said Marietta Police Department Public Information Officer Chuck McPhilamy.
Officers said the suspects were at the home to meet another person who lived there.

Shaquita Green said her kids were traumatized by the incident but are doing OK. She said she was upset that Marietta investigators interrogated her for so long -- about 12 hours.

“We both work full time. We’re parents. So for them to tear up my house and keep my firearm and I’m the victim, I don’t appreciate that,” she said.

This wasn’t Shaquita Green’s first involvement with home invaders. Court records show in 2013 she was considered a material witness in an Illinois case in which one of two home invaders was shot.

She said in the most recent case, she had no choice but to open fire.
fyrfytr310

Re: mom who killed home invader said it was either him or me

Post by fyrfytr310 »

I'll assume positive intent and presume total innocence. Good for her and her family.
-Mike

NRA Life Member

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
Tench Coxe
Ray81
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Ray81 »

Good for her.
Criminals come in all shapes, sizes, color, religion, gender.

Hopefully, Castle doctrine will be used so it is up to prosecution to prove otherwise..
medmandan

Post by medmandan »

By the given accounts, it sounds like a good shoot.

I will temper that with saying that there are a lot of things that are rather fishy.. 2nd involvement with a shooting in home.. specifically wanting the husband, etc..

Something about Tweed's Triangle..
High Power

Post by High Power »

Let's see how long it takes the nice Police Department to return her firearm.

One thing that people like Ms. Green have to fear is retaliation by the deceased criminal's family members or friends. If she only has the one gun (other firearms may have also been confiscated) then she doesn't have any means to protect her and her family from retaliation.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein