P&G Endorses BLM...Anti-LEO advertisement

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

glocksmith

P&G Endorses BLM...Anti-LEO advertisement

Post by glocksmith »

As a former employee, like my father before me, I find this highly repulsive. P&G censored my comments on it's facebook page as SPAM...it seems I had access to highly sensitive info while I was working there....and my comments carried a potent "sting" :mrgreen: . This is a thinly veiled endorsement of Black Lives Matter, and a subtle condemnation of our nations police....not concerned with solving any problems...but merely to secure the purchasing power of the "Black Community" and to perpetuate the hate. Shouldn't any company be concerned solely with producing superior products at an affordable price?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovY6yjTe1LE
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
HancockCountyHAl

Re: P&G Endorses BLM...Anti-LEO advertisement

Post by HancockCountyHAl »

Disgusting. No more Tide or Crest for me.
HancockCountyHaL
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Agreed. I'm with you...but please wait until my family can get rid of thousands of shares of P&G stock we are sitting on.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

BLM is why I changed my racehorse's name to Olives Matter. So far nobody has boycotted me in the win circle. Perhaps I have to get there first! :lol:
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

The video is a advertising ploy to get business from that group of individuals. I really doubt that the top brass really care that much about social justice. The video will be short lived. I was in retail for 42 years and have seen this tactic used by the advertising department quite often.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

qmti wrote:The video is a advertising ploy to get business from that group of individuals. I really doubt that the top brass really care that much about social justice. The video will be short lived. I was in retail for 42 years and have seen this tactic used by the advertising department quite often.
Then you probably also know that it does not work. Go to an appropriate neighborhood in this town and randomly survey people. Ask them to name as many P&G products as they can. Most will have a very short list...if anything at all. Now, OTOH P&G will be bombarded by letters from offended customers who will swear they will never buy another P&G product again. They definitely will make good on that promise...for a while at least. So in the long run, this kind of tactic is pointless - especially in today's failing economy where people are primarily concerned with getting the most bang for their buck.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

glocksmith wrote:
qmti wrote:The video is a advertising ploy to get business from that group of individuals. I really doubt that the top brass really care that much about social justice. The video will be short lived. I was in retail for 42 years and have seen this tactic used by the advertising department quite often.
Then you probably also know that it does not work. Go to an appropriate neighborhood in this town and randomly survey people. Ask them to name as many P&G products as they can. Most will have a very short list...if anything at all. Now, OTOH P&G will be bombarded by letters from offended customers who will swear they will never buy another P&G product again. They definitely will make good on that promise...for a while at least. So in the long run, this kind of tactic is pointless - especially in today's failing economy where people are primarily concerned with getting the most bang for their buck.
I agree. It's a product the guys in advertising sold to the higher-ups.
pk47
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pk47 »

The target audience may actually be the large affluent SJW class out there. That's essentially how Obama won his elections.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

I mentioned the video to a friend of mine, (who is black) asked if he'd seen it and what he thought of it. He watched it on his phone, and just shook his head. Although he sees nothing wrong with a parent of any color having a talk with their kids about what to do if stopped by the police, they should be talking to their kids about other things as well. He also said that if the boy and girl in the last part of the video ever get shot, they're a thousand times more likely to get shot by another black person than by a cop. But then that doesn't fit the narrative of the commercial. I don't know if he is right statistically, but in general I think he's right.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

Hmm.

I live in southeastern Ohio, where racism is alive and thriving. The 'pretty...for a black girl' comment? Yeah, I've actually heard that one...more than once.

And unarmed black drivers being profiled and/or shot? We all know that happens. Heck, we talk about it on this forum.

How do you bring up the topic of fixing these issues without seeming to be in support of the underdog? I think P&G did a pretty good job.
MyWifeSaidYes
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

The point MWSY is that a company like P&G should be all about delivering superior products at a competitive price to its customers. NOT getting involved in politics. When I'm at the store, it's all about what I'm getting for what I'm forking out. If I like a product and can afford it, I buy it regularly. A company's political stance has never influenced, nor ever been a consideration when I'm in the market to buy something. Your summary above, regarding race relations and police is spot-on...and totally irrelevant at the same time.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Hmm.

I live in southeastern Ohio, where racism is alive and thriving. The 'pretty...for a black girl' comment? Yeah, I've actually heard that one...more than once.

And unarmed black drivers being profiled and/or shot? We all know that happens. Heck, we talk about it on this forum.

How do you bring up the topic of fixing these issues without seeming to be in support of the underdog? I think P&G did a pretty good job.
Thanks MyWifeSaidYes. I agree with all of your comments.
We all know there are good parents of all races raising their kids with good morals, values and promoting self worth in all neighborhoods and all social standings.
There should be more parents taking the time to talk to their kids.
To bad many parents let the streets raise the children...... Guess it is just easier...
An very good old movie, "Boys in the hood" gives examples of parenting results and LEO bigots in the city.
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
HancockCountyHAl

Post by HancockCountyHAl »

I cringe thinking about all the gun owners sitting around in their Levis, eating Ben and Jerry's ice cream, and complaining about their gun rights being eroded.
HancockCountyHaL
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:The 'pretty...for a black girl' comment? Yeah, I've actually heard that one...more than once.

Judging by your picture I have a hard time believing that anyone thought you were pretty let alone a girl or black, but to each his own. :P :roll: :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

M-Quigley wrote:I mentioned the video to a friend of mine, (who is black) asked if he'd seen it and what he thought of it. He watched it on his phone, and just shook his head. Although he sees nothing wrong with a parent of any color having a talk with their kids about what to do if stopped by the police, they should be talking to their kids about other things as well. He also said that if the boy and girl in the last part of the video ever get shot, they're a thousand times more likely to get shot by another black person than by a cop. But then that doesn't fit the narrative of the commercial. I don't know if he is right statistically, but in general I think he's right.
The problem is that bad things are just bad things. One doesn't cancel out or justify another.

The Chicago barmaid whom the Chicago cop tried to stomp to death was FAR more likely to be beaten by a husband or boyfriend than by a cop. That doesn't justify, diminish or negate what the cop did.

There are dueling false and malicious narratives at work today.

Black Lies Matter is pushing a narrative that ANY violence used by police against a Black person (and ONLY a Black person, the barmaid and the Aussie in Minneapolis don't count) is "racist". To hear them tell it, the shooting of the Somali jihadi at Ohio state is as big (if not bigger) of a "crime" as the 16th Street church bombing in Birmingham.

The police unions and their hangers-on are pushing a narrative that ANY criticism of police misconduct, no matter HOW egregious, "puts cops lives in danger". To them, showing the video of the cop stomping the barmaid "too many times" is FAR worse than the actual beating itself. Police can ONLY be criticized by other police, and mere citizens have no right to do so. A Black gangbanger shooting another Black gangbanger (or a bystander) means that the police killings of Akai Gurley and Kathryn Johnston can be ignored and those who mention them dismissed as "cop haters".

What we have today is a battle of pernicious, sociopathic ideologies, one which says that young Black, male felons can do no wrong, the other that cops can do no wrong.

Both are profoundly evil.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.