P&G Endorses BLM...Anti-LEO advertisement

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Re: P&G Endorses BLM...Anti-LEO advertisement

Post by M-Quigley »

deanimator wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:I mentioned the video to a friend of mine, (who is black) asked if he'd seen it and what he thought of it. He watched it on his phone, and just shook his head. Although he sees nothing wrong with a parent of any color having a talk with their kids about what to do if stopped by the police, they should be talking to their kids about other things as well. He also said that if the boy and girl in the last part of the video ever get shot, they're a thousand times more likely to get shot by another black person than by a cop. But then that doesn't fit the narrative of the commercial. I don't know if he is right statistically, but in general I think he's right.
The problem is that bad things are just bad things. One doesn't cancel out or justify another.

The Chicago barmaid whom the Chicago cop tried to stomp to death was FAR more likely to be beat en by a husband or boyfriend than by a cop. That doesn't justify, diminish or negate what the cop did..
I don't think he implied that it did.
deanimator wrote: There are dueling false and malicious narratives at work today.

Black Lies Matter is pushing a narrative that ANY violence used by police against a Black person (and ONLY a Black person, the barmaid and the Aussie in Minneapolis don't count) is "racist". To hear them tell it, the shooting of the Somali jihadi at Ohio state is as big (if not bigger) of a "crime" as the 16th Street church bombing in Birmingham.

The police unions and their hangers-on are pushing a narrative that ANY criticism of police misconduct, no matter HOW egregious, "puts cops lives in danger". To them, showing the video of the cop stomping the barmaid "too many times" is FAR worse than the actual beating itself. Police can ONLY be criticized by other police, and mere citizens have no right to do so. A Black gangbanger shooting another Black gangbanger (or a bystander) means that the police killings of Akai Gurley and Kathryn Johnston can be ignored and those who mention them dismissed as "cop haters".

What we have today is a battle of pernicious, sociopathic ideologies, one which says that young Black, male felons can do no wrong, the other that cops can do no wrong.

Both are profoundly evil
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

glocksmith wrote:The point MWSY is that a company like P&G should be all about delivering superior products at a competitive price to its customers. NOT getting involved in politics. When I'm at the store, it's all about what I'm getting for what I'm forking out. If I like a product and can afford it, I buy it regularly. A company's political stance has never influenced, nor ever been a consideration when I'm in the market to buy something. Your summary above, regarding race relations and police is spot-on...and totally irrelevant at the same time.
I totally agree with the bolded part.
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

glocksmith wrote:The point MWSY is that a company like P&G should be all about delivering superior products at a competitive price to its customers. NOT getting involved in politics.
Why?

No snark intended...serious question.

If YOU can have an opinion about a serious issue, why can't a corporation?

(There IS this little thing called the First Amendment...see Citizens United v. Federal Election Commision) :wink:

And, in a company as big as P&G, I'm sure they have a group of people dedicated to their corporate political activism, so your razors will still shave, your soaps will still clean and your Charmin will still...well, work. :P

glocksmith wrote:When I'm at the store, it's all about what I'm getting for what I'm forking out. If I like a product and can afford it, I buy it regularly. A company's political stance has never influenced, nor ever been a consideration when I'm in the market to buy something.
Huh?

If you aren't affected by their political stance, what's the problem?
MyWifeSaidYes
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

How bout this one, Quigley and Denaimator??? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0g5bpG84Qs
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
glocksmith wrote:The point MWSY is that a company like P&G should be all about delivering superior products at a competitive price to its customers. NOT getting involved in politics.
Why?

No snark intended...serious question.

If YOU can have an opinion about a serious issue, why can't a corporation?

(There IS this little thing called the First Amendment...see Citizens United v. Federal Election Commision) :wink:

And, in a company as big as P&G, I'm sure they have a group of people dedicated to their corporate political activism, so your razors will still shave, your soaps will still clean and your Charmin will still...well, work. :P
The First Amendment is about what you can do, not what you should do. If I was still a stockholder, I would not want the P&G corporation to be getting generally involved in political issues, even if they were doing something I agree with, like supporting pro gun issues, or opposing anti gun issues. Are there specific instances or reasons why a corporation should get involved in political ads? Sure, if it's an issue that directly relates to their product line somehow.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Thank you M-Quigley. And as my family owns a seven figure amount in P&G stock...that's all the justification I need (ahem MWSY).
Give em' Hell Pike!!!