Chicago 'buy back gun' turns up at crime scene

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Chicago 'buy back gun' turns up at crime scene

Post by Bruenor »

The police buy the guns 'back' from law abiding citizens, with other peoples money in corrupt Chicago, so they can resell em on the street. nicely done Chicago.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/cicero ... destroyed/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thirteen years ago, William Stewart Boyd, a Cook County judge, drove to a South Side church to turn in a handgun his late father had owned.

The Chicago Police Department was accepting guns as part of a buyback program meant to take weapons off the streets and help make the city safer.
How did a gun Chicago cops were supposed to have kept in a locked custody room and then destroyed end up all of those years later at the scene of a police shooting in Cicero, on a patch of pavement next to the body of a 22-year-old Latin Counts gang member named Cesar A. Munive?

That’s something that Boyd, a judge for nearly 20 years, would like to know.

“I’m doing the right thing,” he says, “and, in the process, someone didn’t do what they were supposed to do. That calls into question the process. What’s happening after you turn these weapons in?”
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Chicago 'buy back gun' turns up at crime scene

Post by Javelin Man »

Chicago, corruption, funky gun buy-backs, they all go together. Glad they got called out on it.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Javelin Man wrote:Chicago, corruption, funky gun buy-backs, they all go together. Glad they got called out on it.
Yeah, but called out on it is a far cry from anyone being held responsible. I've read so many stories like this out of Chicagoland through the years, lost count of how many.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Brian D. wrote:Yeah, but called out on it is a far cry from anyone being held responsible. I've read so many stories like this out of Chicagoland through the years, lost count of how many.
Things walking out of "secure" evidence storage is SOP in Chicago.

Lightbars have disappeared from CPD facilities. I've always wondered if somebody had something planned that involved people LOOKING like the police. I have no doubt that the bars were SOLD by somebody not authorized to do so.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

I once got lost in Chicago..... I was 4 then...sorry for the drift...

NEWS FLASH....I don't think it will ever get any better their....my parents lived their for many years..

Corruption starts at the top and trickles down...
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

carmen fovozzo wrote:I once got lost in Chicago..... I was 4 then...sorry for the drift...

NEWS FLASH....I don't think it will ever get any better their....my parents lived their for many years..

Corruption starts at the top and trickles down...
The "government" and police in Chicago are irredeemably dirty because that's the way the residents LIKE it.

You ask any Chicagoan and he'll cheerfully tell you that Nigerian levels of corruption are NORMAL and to be EXPECTED. As often as not, they'll act positively PROUD of it.

The Chicago PD has been thoroughly dirty since long before my grandmother trained as an ambulance driver... for WORLD WAR ONE.
keepitsimple
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by keepitsimple »

deanimator wrote: The "government" and police in Chicago are irredeemably dirty because that's the way the residents LIKE it.

You ask any Chicagoan and he'll cheerfully tell you that Nigerian levels of corruption are NORMAL and to be EXPECTED. As often as not, they'll act positively PROUD of it.

The Chicago PD has been thoroughly dirty since long before my grandmother trained as an ambulance driver... for WORLD WAR ONE.
That's just part of the windy city 'charm'. It's reminiscent of the Capone mob days that put them on the map, so now it just continues to be part of their 'culture'.
"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
Alexander Hamilton
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

Sanctuary city...of course...

Wonder if they are cooperating with the commission on voter fraud.

Can't understand why the murder rate is so high. :roll:
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

catfish86 wrote:Sanctuary city...of course...
Wasn't it a Chicago Congressman (Luis Gutierrez?) who called the murder of of Kate Steinle "a little thing"?
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

catfish86 wrote:Can't understand why the murder rate is so high. :roll:
Because the people who'd have to press for the arrest and prosecution of the perpetrators would be going after their own families, friends, employees, political foot soldiers... and accomplices?
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

deanimator wrote:
catfish86 wrote:Sanctuary city...of course...
Wasn't it a Chicago Congressman (Luis Gutierrez?) who called the murder of of Kate Steinle "a little thing"?
If gun control saves just one life, it is worth it (regardless if guns are used to save more lives by far than they take, especially exclusive of suicides and gang bangers killing each other).

If a repeat offender felon illegal immigrant randomly takes the life of an innocent, it is just a small thing (regadless of any logic about legal vs illegal immigration)
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Although I doubt that it's true in this case but there has been pressure on those doing the "buy backs" to pass those firearms that are in good condition on to FFL's to be sold to LACs and thereby actually make a profit and NOT destroy collector's items.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

AlanM wrote:Although I doubt that it's true in this case but there has been pressure on those doing the "buy backs" to pass those firearms that are in good condition on to FFL's to be sold to LACs and thereby actually make a profit and NOT destroy collector's items.
Even if Illinois had become that enlightened in recent years, this gun was turned in quite some time ago, predating the move to resell them.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand