Federal agent accidentally shoots self at airport

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

docachna

Federal agent accidentally shoots self at airport

Post by docachna »

Thank good we've got them well-trained and experienced Federal agents who are allowed to fly armed at any time.

#feeling safer already
:lol:

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/police-f ... /578295185
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Federal agent accidentally shoots self at airport

Post by scottb »

“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”― George Carlin
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Was it a Glock Fo-Tay?!
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
747tech

Post by 747tech »

I tell people to NEVER upholster or remove gun from your person in public. This kind of crap I believe is why some businesses post no guns.
Former Navy and ANG
CCW holder/Instructor
NRA Basic pistol instructor
Range Safety Officer
Personal Protection inside and outside the home instructor
Advanced pistol instructor
Defensive pistol instructor
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

from the link:
As a gun owner and military veteran, Robins wants to know why the gun’s safety wasn’t on if the agent was on vacation.
:?: :roll:
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

M-Quigley wrote:from the link:
As a gun owner and military veteran, Robins wants to know why the gun’s safety wasn’t on if the agent was on vacation.
Robins may have never been around a handgun during his military time. Or, he used a Beretta M9 (model 92FS) and I believe our troops are trained to carry those with the safety engaged.

Someone described as a "gun owner and military veteran" may be assumed to have some firearms expertise, but that's a lousy assumption.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Shot himself in the foot huh? Anyone remember "Goodfellas" and what he needs to be told to do? :lol:
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
keepitsimple
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by keepitsimple »

No surprise to me, Government agents have been shooting themselves in the foot for years!
"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
Alexander Hamilton
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Brian D. wrote:Robins may have never been around a handgun during his military time. Or, he used a Beretta M9 (model 92FS) and I believe our troops are trained to carry those with the safety engaged.

Someone described as a "gun owner and military veteran" may be assumed to have some firearms expertise, but that's a lousy assumption.
All too often, military members are trained to carry them with the safety on, an empty chamber, and, sometimes, no magazine in the well.

Conversely, they're also taught that "clearing" a firearm requires pulling the trigger while pointed in a "safe" direction (clearing barrel). But, if they shoot the clearing barrel (which is exactly what it's designed for), they'll be punished, possibly reduced in rank, and even possibly discharged from the service.

Except for very limited circumstances, the idea that military members are experts on firearms is about the most lousy assumption one can have. Personally, I think the services are getting far too lax in firearms training.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

I am still trying to get my head around what the safety engagement has to do with being on vacation? Statements like that just drive me nuts. Or am I missing something?
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

WestonDon wrote:
I am still trying to get my head around what the safety engagement has to do with being on vacation? Statements like that just drive me nuts. Or am I missing something?
Said "gun owner" probably owns a Taurus and expects the on-board lock shoild have been engaged since he'd never have to use it on vacation. Or, something stupid like that. :roll:
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member