Utility worker shoots MI families dog from neighbors yard

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Utility worker shoots MI families dog from neighbors yard

Post by Bruenor »

Just not right, and why is Metro Engineering Solutions 'in charge of the investigation' ? Don't they have police in Michigan ?

http://www.wistv.com/story/36006402/uti ... family-dog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Eibens said their four-year-old pooch Katie was playing in the front yard when a man doing survey work for AT&T shot her from their neighbor's yard.
The men say they asked the worker for his credentials, and he said he was trying to cut through the yard to read their meter.

“‘Why are you cutting through the yard here?’ I said. ‘You just killed my dog.’ He says, ‘Well, she lunged at me.’ I said, ‘No, the dog doesn't lunge at anyone,’" Douglass Eiben said.

The family says they have an invisible fence, and Katie would not have been able to cross it.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
502ci
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Utility worker shoots MI families dog from neighbors yar

Post by 502ci »

Dog owner seamed awfully calm when the lady was asking the one utility worker questions...I would NOT have been.
Nothing to see here...move along.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Bruenor wrote: Don't they have police in Michigan ?
Yes. And they charge people for DWI while in their own driveway.

Furthermore, POTUS just encouraged police across the nation to utilize less care when apprehending suspects. No word yet on slaying dogs indiscriminately.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Not many utility workers would be allowed to carry a firearm on the job in Ohio. :?
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
djthomas

Post by djthomas »

Javelin Man wrote:Not many utility workers would be allowed to carry a firearm on the job in Ohio. :?
I bet they're not in Michigan either. Imagine that, people break rules. I bet a dollar this is the last we'll ever hear of this incident and the family will be more than made whole.
Notasmiff

Post by Notasmiff »

502ci wrote:Dog owner seamed awfully calm when the lady was asking the one utility worker questions...I would NOT have been.
Yeah that ^^ He may have had to shoot me too, God help him if my Wife caught him :twisted:
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

Bruenor wrote:Just not right, and why is Metro Engineering Solutions 'in charge of the investigation' ? Don't they have police in Michigan ?
In the video from the story it is clear that Metro Engineering is in charge of the investigation as it applies to the employer/employee aspect. Later in the video the reporter clearly states that the police are investigating the incident as it applies to the possible criminal aspect of the situation.
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

bignflnut wrote:

Furthermore, POTUS just encouraged police across the nation to utilize less care when apprehending suspects. No word yet on slaying dogs indiscriminately.

Kudos for slipping your anti cop, anti Trump agenda into a post that has nothing to do with the actions either. Well played :roll:
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Its spelled 't-r-o-l-l-.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

cashman966 wrote:
bignflnut wrote:

Kudos for slipping your anti cop, anti Trump agenda into a post that has nothing to do with the actions either. Well played :roll:

Anti-cop I can accept quite well :D . Anti-Trump...them's fightin words. :twisted:
Give em' Hell Pike!!!