Article on black women picking guns for self defense

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Article on black women picking guns for self defense

Post by M-Quigley »

http://www.whio.com/news/national-govt- ... 5XWr9CCjK/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Marchelle Tigner, known to her students and others as "Tig," is on a mission: to train at least 1 million women how to shoot a firearm. She had spent no time around guns before joining the National Guard. Now, as a survivor of domestic violence and sexual assault, she wants to give other women of color the training she hadn't had.

"It's important, especially for black women, to learn how to shoot," Tigner said, noting that black women are more likely to be victims of domestic violence. "We need to learn how to defend ourselves."
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Article on black women picking guns for self defense

Post by bignflnut »

The great equalizer.
Power to the minorities.
Guns made the civil rights movement possible? What about the philosophy of nonviolence embraced by most prominent civil rights leaders, such as Martin Luther King Jr.?

As Cobb, a journalist and veteran civil rights activist, explains, for many civil rights activists in the South, nonviolence did not rule out "armed self-defense," which meant keeping firearms. "In these communities, where the law was generally weighted against them, armed self-defense was a natural response to white terror," he writes.
Some people have it exactly backwards.
Inspired by the staged “sit-in” for gun control conducted by Democrats in the House of Representatives the week of June 20, Hillary Clinton said during a campaign speech in Chicago a week later “saving [people] from gun violence is a civil rights issue.”

Correctly speaking, civil rights are those that are protected against infringement by government and its agents. Of course, Clinton doesn’t see the obvious contradiction in her statement when her object is to attack and undermine the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens at every turn.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

I have been called racial slurs by "White nationalists" and by White gun control advocates.

So far, the frequency is about 10:1 in favor of the latter.

Gun control is NEVER about guns, ALWAYS about CONTROL.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Marchelle Tigner, known to her students and others as "Tig," is on a mission: to train at least 1 million women how to shoot a firearm. She had spent no time around guns before joining the National Guard. Now, as a survivor of domestic violence and sexual assault, she wants to give other women of color the training she hadn't had.
"It's important, especially for black women, to learn how to shoot," Tigner said, noting that black women are more likely to be victims of domestic violence. "We need to learn how to defend ourselves."
Funny. This is admirable...and overall a good thing for the 2nd Amendment cause in this country...BUT...it seems discriminatory. If I did the same thing...insert the words MALE and WHITE in place of the words women and color/black in the above article...people would attack me and call me "sexist" and "racist".
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
westsidebestside

Post by westsidebestside »

glocksmith wrote:
Funny. This is admirable...and overall a good thing for the 2nd Amendment cause in this country...BUT...it seems discriminatory. If I did the same thing...insert the words MALE and WHITE in place of the words women and color/black in the above article...people would attack me and call me "sexist" and "racist".
Can't be a member of the ruling majority and pretend the transitive property is applicable. Silly argument, really.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

westsidebestside wrote:Can't be a member of the ruling majority and pretend the transitive property is applicable. Silly argument, really.
OH my...somebody help me...it appears I've been short-changed. I'm a White Male, but it seems someone forgot to give me my wealth and my power/authority over women and minorities.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

glocksmith wrote:
westsidebestside wrote:Can't be a member of the ruling majority and pretend the transitive property is applicable. Silly argument, really.
OH my...somebody help me...it appears I've been short-changed. I'm a White Male, but it seems someone forgot to give me my wealth and my power/authority over women and minorities.
The operative phrase used by the protected class is systemic wealth and systemic power/authority, rather than an individual, that way I'm okay/you're okay.