Video Shows Officer Shooting Homeowner's Two Dogs

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Video Shows Officer Shooting Homeowner's Two Dogs

Post by M-Quigley »

http://www.whio.com/news/national/video ... RvUHeKnAJ/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you can't view the video in the link, it's also on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bv2VkQlDgqQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Police were responding to a call at the house after one of the daughter’s accidentally tripped the alarm. It was quickly deactivated when the daughter called the security company. Officers responded about 20 minutes later.

LeMay said two officers came to the home. They did not knock on the door. One stood at the front door as the other jumped their 7-foot privacy fence.
The video shows the officer standing in the backyard. The first dog, Ciroc, looks distracted, walks toward the officer but stops about 10 feet from him. The officer fires his gun and the dog runs as another dog, Rocko, comes into the camera. The officer then fires several times at him.

But from the way LeMay sees it, based on video recorded from her home security system, her staffordshire terriers, who are certified therapy dogs for her children, were doing nothing wrong.

"(Ciroc) was wagging his tail," LeMay told the Star Tribune. "My dog wasn't even moving, lunging toward him or anything. My dogs were doing their job on my property. We have a right to be safe in our yard."

Police are investigating.
The moment of the first shooting itself is around 20 seconds. To me it appears the first dog was casually walking toward him, although not all at once, but not lunging or attacking.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Video Shows Officer Shooting Homeowner's Two Dogs

Post by WhyNot »

Security company monitoring alarm did/didn't call police stating false alarm perhaps?
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

A local police officer told me about the situation in Woodville where an old Labrador Retriever walked on his own property near a pair of suspects that were out of their vehicles and sitting on the curb. The police officer there whipped out his gun and shot the wagging-tail old dog. The officer I spoke to told me it was a good shoot. The same officer told me if he's entering a school for a school shooting and sees a teacher with a gun at low-ready, obvious training and non-threatening, he doesn't care; he'll drop him and walk right over him to go down the hall.

I lost a lot of respect for that officer at that point.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

So he waits after he shoots the dogs to jump the fence :roll: Why dose he wait,.... for the dogs to come back so he can fire more shoots. :roll: I know its not an easy job but that looks bad.
Black Rifles Matter
High Power

Post by High Power »

If a private citizen, justifiably, shoots a dog that is obviously aggressive or menacing watch him or her get charged but the LEO gets away with it.

I don't necessarily want to get into the officer's ethnicity but in light of Ms. Damond's death, I wonder where the officer in this video is from. Anyone know?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

High Power wrote:If a private citizen, justifiably, shoots a dog that is obviously aggressive or menacing watch him or her get charged but the LEO gets away with it.

I don't necessarily want to get into the officer's ethnicity but in light of Ms. Damond's death, I wonder where the officer in this video is from. Anyone know?
The average citizen would have to take a bite before shooting to avoid charges. JMHO
Last edited by steves 50de on Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Rifles Matter
High Power

Post by High Power »

steves 50de wrote:
High Power wrote:If a private citizen, justifiably, shoots a dog that is obviously aggressive or menacing watch him or her get charged but the LEO gets away with it.

The average citizen would have to take a bit before shooting to avoid charges. JMHO
You mean bite?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

After watching the video a few more time I noticed the officer was very athletic. He made it over that fence in like 3 seconds. Pretty sure he could of jumped that fence and not take a bite.
Black Rifles Matter
High Power

Post by High Power »

They let postal carriers carry pepper spray for unruly canines, why not LEOs?

I also want to back up what the article said about the dog wagging its tail. Dogs that are going on the attack or attempting to protect their territory don't wag tails. That LEO was just trigger-happy.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

High Power wrote:They let postal carriers carry pepper spray for unruly canines, why not LEOs?

I also want to back up what the article said about the dog wagging its tail. Dogs that are going on the attack or attempting to protect their territory don't wag tails. That LEO was just trigger-happy.
Yep imo he should be fired before it's a person that gets shot.
Black Rifles Matter
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

steves 50de wrote:
High Power wrote:They let postal carriers carry pepper spray for unruly canines, why not LEOs?

My father told me that there is a special place in Hell for those that are mean to animals.. Not sure where he got his info, but he's my dad so.. Yeah. Agreed *2, but in reality it's nothing to them ~I am guessing.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
Cosmos
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cosmos »

Sadly, there are always some who wear a badge who are way too fast on the trigger. Others who, in my humble opinion, go out of their way to fire at the least provocation - whether justified or not.

Since this happened in Minneapolis, I thought the following sign someone posted would be of interest:

http://www.startribune.com/fake-street- ... 436208463/
NRA Benefactor
If the police are not present to stop a crime they are just armed historians.
A 1911 beats 9-1-1 every time.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's razor
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

Aesinsp wrote:
steves 50de wrote:

My father told me that there is a special place in Hell for those that are mean to animals.. Not sure where he got his info, but he's my dad so.. Yeah. Agreed *2, but in reality it's nothing to them ~I am guessing.
I'd like to clarify, I'm not suggesting all LEO are indiscriminate animal killers.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Aesinsp wrote:I'd like to clarify, I'm not suggesting all LEO are indiscriminate animal killers.
However the ones who ARE, seem to ALWAYS get away with it with no consequences to speak of.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.