Berea OH. CHL holder waves gun in air at county fairgrounds

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Berea OH. CHL holder waves gun in air at county fairgrounds

Post by Bruenor »

what a tool.
http://www.cleveland.com/berea/index.ss ... er_wa.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A Cleveland man faces charges after waving a gun around while at an event at the Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds, the Berea Police Department said.

James Gregory, 54, is charged with aggravated menacing, aggravated trespassing, inducing panic and using weapons while intoxicated, court records say.
Gregory told police someone threatened to shoot him and he defended himself. He repeatedly denied pulling a gun out while being booked in Strongsville City Jail.

He is a concealed carry permit holder, but violated the law by being under the influence and carrying the gun on fairgrounds property, the report says.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Berea OH. CHL holder waves gun in air at county fairgrou

Post by Javelin Man »

If he was a Samolian police officer from Minneapolis, he could've shot the other fellow and walked.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Of course we will have to see if the details are accurate as stated. One thing is inaccurate: Outside of the buildings it is NOT illegal for a licensee to carry on fairgrounds property.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Jim-in-Toledo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Jim-in-Toledo »

but violated the law by being under the influence and carrying the gun
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
Robert Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
I am the expert on my opinion.
And no one else's.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Jim-in-Toledo wrote:
but violated the law by being under the influence and carrying the gun
I know. But the story made it seem as if carry at a fairgrounds is unlawful in itself. How long we been trying to tilt at THAT windmill now?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Well, to be fair, the story also reads as if he waved the gun around while "being booked in the Strongsville City Jail" so... :lol:
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!