Officer down civilian down .I have a problem..

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

screwman
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Officer down civilian down .I have a problem..

Post by screwman »

Years ago a friend of mine was in a tavern parking lot and witnessed a man beating a woman. Being the macho dude he was, he proceeded to intervene on the woman's behalf. Funny thing is, they both turned on him and he took a pretty good beating.

Moral of the story... Things aren't always what they seem.
Mike

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

screwman wrote:Years ago a friend of mine was in a tavern parking lot and witnessed a man beating a woman. Being the macho dude he was, he proceeded to intervene on the woman's behalf. Funny thing is, they both turned on him and he took a pretty good beating.

Moral of the story... Things aren't always what they seem.
I'v heard many stories of negative encounters...I have heard many more of positive encounters....what we are forgetting is there are more encounters where CHL holders just showed there weapon and not have had to use it to stop a BG.

I'm certainly Not for charging in like the Calvary ....common sense is needed....
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Common sense for me is not inserting myself with a firearm and playing sheriff. The odds dramatically increase that {inappropriate language} will happen. When it gets elevated like that, the chances of the negatives rolling my way dramatically increase. There's not a lot of positives - and even if an initial positive outcome happens, potential litigation far outweighs it.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Some one explain to me why it is a heroic thing to help a officer that is about to be killed by someone and not very smart to help a civilian that is about to be killed by someone ?
I wouldn't state as a fact that it always IS.

I certainly wouldn't intervene on behalf of a cop in Chicago or Philly. They have a history of armed robbery and worse. Involving yourself with the cops in places like that is every bit as dicey as intervening in a domestic disturbance about which you know nothing.

Apart from that:
  • I'm not a cop.
  • I don't want to be a cop.
  • I don't want to do what cops do.
  • I don't want people to think I'm a cop.
I carry a gun to defend myself and anyone to whom I feel a duty of care.

I DON'T carry a gun to investigate and fight crime. I don't have the presumption of truthfulness/justification, qualified immunity, or a union lawyer.

Before I get involved, I have to KNOW TO A CERTAINTY what's going on and who the players are.

Terrorist attack? Absolutely.
Robbery? Maybe.
Domestic incident? NOT A CHANCE.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

Then you have people who fake being cops...It was a thing for a while in Detroit if I remember correctly of home invaders wearing police gear and shouting warrant, police. The possibility of things going wrong is ever present. I was just viewing a training video and they made the point that they always get asked, "when can I shoot" and they reply the question asked should be "when do I have to shoot".
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

catfish86 wrote:Then you have people who fake being cops...It was a thing for a while in Detroit if I remember correctly of home invaders wearing police gear and shouting warrant, police. The possibility of things going wrong is ever present. I was just viewing a training video and they made the point that they always get asked, "when can I shoot" and they reply the question asked should be "when do I have to shoot".
I seem to recall it being a "thing" in Florida a while back too.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
docachna

Post by docachna »

These guys were pretty gutsy. Had all the "bling", and didn't even have any weapons !!!

No "armed robbery" count, in any case...............

http://pix11.com/2017/04/21/2-men-arres ... liamsburg/
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE