FBI agent's car stolen with several guns inside

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

FBI agent's car stolen with several guns inside

Post by M-Quigley »

http://abc7chicago.com/news/source-fbi- ... e/2176703/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CHICAGO (WLS) --
Chicago police say an FBI agent's vehicle, which was stolen early Monday on Chicago's Near West Side, has been recovered.

The vehicle was taken with several firearms and tactical gear inside of it. It was not clear if those weapons were recovered.

The theft happened at a gas station near Morgan Street and Jackson Boulevard at about 1 a.m., Chicago police said.

Police said a 32-year-old man left his white Chevy Equinox running at the gas station when a male suspect entered the car and took off. The FBI confirmed that the vehicle belonged to an agent and had several firearms inside as well as tactical gear and a ballistic vest.
glocksmith

Re: FBI agent's car stolen with several guns inside

Post by glocksmith »

Meanwhile, there are numerous people out there with common sense who would have loved to work for the FBI but for whatever reason didn't meet the agency's stringent requirements.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
BEAR!

Post by BEAR! »

glocksmith wrote:Meanwhile, there are numerous people out there with common sense who would have loved to work for the FBI but for whatever reason didn't meet the agency's stringent requirements.
You ?
NRA Endowment Member
OFCC Member

"Life is tough, its even tougher when you're stupid"- John Wayne

http://theoldtimeway.blogspot.com/
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Isn't it illegal to leaving a running vehicle unattended in Ohio?
Abandon ye all HOPE!
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Cruiser wrote:Isn't it illegal to leaving a running vehicle unattended in Ohio?
Yes and no.

ORC 4511.661 states...

(A) No person driving or in charge of a motor vehicle shall permit it to stand unattended without first stopping the engine, locking the ignition, removing the key from the ignition, effectively setting the parking brake, and, when the motor vehicle is standing upon any grade, turning the front wheels to the curb or side of the highway.

The requirements of this section relating to the stopping of the engine, locking of the ignition, and removing the key from the ignition of a motor vehicle do not apply to any of the following:

(1) A motor vehicle that is parked on residential property;
(2) A motor vehicle that is locked, regardless of where it is parked;
(3) An emergency vehicle ;
(4) A public safety vehicle.

The 1-4 exceptions were added June 30 of this year. Remote starting is legal as it doesn't involve the key. But from the story, yes, his would be a crime. And we've had it happen at my department about 3 or 4 times over ten years that I can think of with regards to the exact same method, at a gas station.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Yes, with an exception for remote starters, but only on one's own property, or something like that.

Jedi beat me to the answer, with an ORC cite to boot!
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

BEAR! wrote:
glocksmith wrote:Meanwhile, there are numerous people out there with common sense who would have loved to work for the FBI but for whatever reason didn't meet the agency's stringent requirements.
You ?
LOL you obviously don't know me very well. I have morals, standards, a soul or whatever else. I wouldn't be caught dead working for the FBI, or any other government or law enforcement agency.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
JediSkipdogg

Post by JediSkipdogg »

Brian D. wrote:
Yes, with an exception for remote starters, but only on one's own property, or something like that.

Jedi beat me to the answer, with an ORC cite to boot!
I was amazed it was updated. Prior you could still get cited on your own property unless remote starting. I know some agencies cite for that if you call to report your car stolen.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.