More Dems sign onto bill to impeach Trump

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

MacDonald

Post by MacDonald »

They're reaching for straws!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ ... spartandhp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Four more House Democrats have signed on to a bill to begin impeachment proceedings against President Trump after his Twitter rampage against MSNBC host Mika Brzezinski.

Yahoo News reported Saturday that 25 House Democrats are now working on the bill, which has been in the works since April. The bill's primary sponsor is Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-MD).

The bill would create a congressional "oversight" commission that could declare the president incapacitated, leading to his removal from office under the 25th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
After Trump's tweets on Thursday, Raskin sent out an email to colleagues urging support for his bill.
"In case of emergency, break glass," Raskin told Yahoo News. "If you look at the record of things that have happened since January, it is truly a bizarre litany of events and outbursts."
Raskin said that Trump's tweets show a pattern of instability that means he is unfit for office.
"I assume every human being is allowed one or two errant and seemingly deranged tweets," Raskin said. "The question is whether you have a sustained pattern of behavior that indicates something is seriously wrong."
The bill's supporters include former DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.), and ranking Democrat on the Judiciary Committee Jon Conyers (D-MI).
Raskin concluded by warning that Trump's instability in the White House was only going to get worse.
"The question is, where are we going to be six months, 12 months, 18 months from now?" Raskin asked.
"The presidency is considered extremely stressful for people with the strongest mental health. We need to be prepared for all eventualities."
John 3:16
Romans 1:16- "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ..."
NRA Lifetime Member
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils" - John Stark
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: More Dems sign onto bill to impeach Trump

Post by Werz »

Or maybe the American public elected Trump because they were tired of listening to a president who sounded like a highly articulate Care Bear.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Werz wrote:Or maybe the American public elected Trump because they were tired of listening to a president who sounded like a highly articulate Care Bear.
Good one :lol: This is precisely why I voted for Trump...he's childish, full of himself...and most of all a troublemaker. That's what I wanted to unleash on all the folks who elected Obama TWICE...and it's working beautifully. It will be even better if the Democrats try to unseat him via impeachment or some other form of Coup d'état ....because it could lead to...well...you know. Muhahaha :twisted:
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
docachna

Post by docachna »

Found this in researching the subject online.

Can't vouch for its accuracy, but if it is correct, this is bothersome:
The amendment states that if, for whatever reason, the vice president and a majority of sitting Cabinet secretaries decide that the president is “unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office,” they can simply put that down in writing and send it to two people — the speaker of the House and the Senate’s president pro tem.

Then the vice president would immediately become “Acting President,” and take over all the president’s powers.

Let that sink in — one vice president and any eight Cabinet officers can, theoretically, decide to knock the president out of power at any time.

If the president wants to dispute this move, he can, but then it would be up to Congress to settle the matter with a vote. A two-thirds majority in both houses would be necessary to keep the vice president in charge. If that threshold isn’t reached, the president would regain his powers.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... rump-pence

One would not see Pence signing on to this sort of thing. Of course, I never saw Roberts finding that the Obamacare penalties were a "tax" -- after he reportedly got threatened by Obummer and friends. When the Washington Establishment's grip on power is threatened like it is with DJT --- I don't rule out anything anymore. They will do anything to protect their phoney-baloney jobs (nods to Mel Brooks' "Blazing Saddles").

We may want to watch this one closely. Could be a closer call than one might think.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

docachna wrote:One would not see Pence signing on to this sort of thing. Of course, I never saw Roberts finding that the Obamacare penalties were a "tax" -- after he reportedly got threatened by Obummer and friends. When the Washington Establishment's grip on power is threatened like it is with DJT --- I don't rule out anything anymore. They will do anything to protect their phoney-baloney jobs (nods to Mel Brooks' "Blazing Saddles"). We may want to watch this one closely. Could be a closer call than one might think.
What about the millions who voted for, and elected Trump...against all odds, against the media and the massive Liberal "machine"??? I suppose they are all just going to throw up their hands and say "aww shucks, they ditched our President"...and just leave it at that? 8)
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Sounds like they are kind of copying what it takes to remove a Captain of a ship in the Navy!
Abandon ye all HOPE!
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

The Dems talk about all the outbursts and hostility...are they talking about Trump or themselves? We threw a tantrum so the President should be impeached.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Werz wrote:Or maybe the American public elected Trump because they were tired of listening to a president who sounded like a highly articulate Care Bear.
He was ONLY "highly articulate" when there was a teleprompter present.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

deanimator wrote:
He was ONLY "highly articulate" when there was a teleprompter present.
Excellent point.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788