Darwin Award Winner

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Re: Darwin Award Winner

Post by Bruenor »

glocksmith wrote:
Javelin Man wrote:He should have held up War and Peace. NOBODY gets through that book!
:lol: Yeah,

Ulysses and Finnegan's Wake would also stop just about anything.
Dostoyevsky's 'Crime and Punishment' I just couldn't do it. I tried several times.

Book shelves are good to place in a room, behind a wall, in a shooting lane in your house to help prevent penetration into the room. Obviously not perfect, but better than nothing.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

Javelin Man wrote:He should have held up War and Peace. NOBODY gets through that book!
The first Summer of after I retired I read "War and Peace"!
Abandon ye all HOPE!
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Bruenor wrote: Book shelves are good to place in a room, behind a wall, in a shooting lane in your house to help prevent penetration into the room. Obviously not perfect, but better than nothing.
Very true. Remember, the round in the OP was stopped by a book during the test before the fatal shooting. We don't know the whole circumstances regarding the second shot. Any number of factors could've made the second shot unsuccessful. Regardless, it was an incredibly stupid thing to intentionally do. I've stopped many types of rounds in books in the past, but that doesn't mean I'd stand behind one and ask someone to shoot it. Hopefully their two offspring will have more sense than their parents.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

catfish86 using hollowpoints is just as stupid as anything else. That may be exactly why the guy got killed. He tested a hollowpoint and it mushroomed perfectly and stopped shy of over-penetrating the book. The next hollowpoint may not have opened up at all...and punched right through. At least that's been my experience when testing JHP's on phone books. Nah...if I had to do the test, I'd use a Glaser or something like that.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

I definitely think it is something I won't do BUT there are plenty of stunt people/magicians out there. Evil Knievel among others. They occasionally die in the practice of their art. Rent out "faces of death" if they still have them available, filled with this kind of thing.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

catfish86 wrote:Rent out "faces of death" if they still have them available, filled with this kind of thing.
First movie I ever rented was Faces of Death on VHS...late 1980's :oops:
Give em' Hell Pike!!!