Another Mistrial In Tensing Case

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

gilly32
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Another Mistrial In Tensing Case

Post by gilly32 »

What happens now?

CINCINNATI (AP) — A mistrial was declared Friday in the murder retrial of a white University of Cincinnati police officer after the jury said it was hopelessly deadlocked on charges in the fatal traffic stop shooting of an unarmed black motorist.
https://apnews.com/4d640ef6c4c84cd89e48 ... EastRegion
"The right to keep and bear arms is rooted in both self-defense and insurance against government’s propensity toward tyranny. The right pre-existed the Constitution. Thus, the Second Amendment is not its source. The right to keep and bear arms is natural and inalienable; the Second Amendment protects it, and Congress has no legitimate power to restrict it." - Senator John Cornyn (R., Tex.), as reported in the National Review on July 4, 2016

Burma Shave
M-Quigley

Re: Another Mistrial In Tensing Case

Post by M-Quigley »

What happens now is the prosecutor will either go for a third try at it or give it up. Any info out there on how much money has been spent so far with the first two attempts?
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

M-Quigley wrote:What happens now is the prosecutor will either go for a third try at it or give it up. Any info out there on how much money has been spent so far with the first two attempts?
Though it's good to keep track of how much money has been spent, justice should never have a price put on it.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

The only way a third trial makes sense would be on lesser charges such as negligent or reckless homicide. The prosecution did ask for a lesser charge of involuntary manslaughter to be added as a possibility, pretty late in the second trial. Judge denied the motion.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Fitch: You think your average juror is King Solomon? No! He's a roofer with a mortgage. He wants to go home and sit in his Barcalounger and let the cable TV wash over him. And this man doesn't give a single, solitary droplet of s*** about truth, justice or your American way.
Rohr: They're people, Fitch.
Fitch: My point, exactly.
Lets not assume that the juries are A) patriotic B) Intelligent C) Honest D) Immune from coersion
This is the part where you need a moral, educated culture to uphold your Republic.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

gilly32 wrote:What happens now?
BLM agitators bussed in from around the country. Rioting and looting...curfew...outside help from OSP and maybe National Guard. That's one possible outcome 8)
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

glocksmith wrote:
BLM agitators bussed in from around the country. Rioting and looting...curfew...outside help from OSP and maybe National Guard. That's one possible outcome 8)
Don't forget Roof Koreans.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Brian D. wrote:The only way a third trial makes sense would be on lesser charges such as negligent or reckless homicide. The prosecution did ask for a lesser charge of involuntary manslaughter to be added as a possibility, pretty late in the second trial. Judge denied the motion.
But that's not what the family of Dubous is demanding. By demanding, I mean a family member was allegedly quoted today as "We demand Ray Tensing be retried for murder." :roll: A decision on that is expected next week.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Javelin Man wrote:
M-Quigley wrote:What happens now is the prosecutor will either go for a third try at it or give it up. Any info out there on how much money has been spent so far with the first two attempts?
Though it's good to keep track of how much money has been spent, justice should never have a price put on it.
'

That's true if justice is really the aim of the prosecutor. One possibility that has been raised by some is the 2001 riots cost the city an estimated 3.6 million. That would probably be small change compared to a riot in 2017, depending on what sections of the city are affected.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

ArmedAviator wrote:
glocksmith wrote:
Don't forget Roof Koreans.
This ain't LA, this is Cincy! :lol:
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

bignflnut wrote:
Fitch: You think your average juror is King Solomon? No! He's a roofer with a mortgage. He wants to go home and sit in his Barcalounger and let the cable TV wash over him. And this man doesn't give a single, solitary droplet of s*** about truth, justice or your American way.
Rohr: They're people, Fitch.
Fitch: My point, exactly.
Lets not assume that the juries are A) patriotic B) Intelligent C) Honest D) Immune from coersion
This is the part where you need a moral, educated culture to uphold your Republic.
And let's not assume that juries are A) unpatriotic, B) stupid, C) dishonest D) susceptible to coercion. In Fitch's world there would be no such thing as a hung jury.

What I see is a prosecutor who has,so far, been unable to convince 2 juries that the officer is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. According to a member of the latest jury, their vote was an almost an even split, and the first jury was split 4 for murder, 4 for voluntary manslaughter and 4 for acquittal.

Not having heard all of the evidence presented during the 6 day first trial or the 8 day retrial myself, I will defer to the roofers sitting in their Barcaloungers who did hear it rather than disparage them and their decisions.
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

cashman966 wrote:And let's not assume that juries are A) unpatriotic, B) stupid, C) dishonest D) susceptible to coercion. In Fitch's world there would be no such thing as a hung jury.

What I see is a prosecutor who has,so far, been unable to convince 2 juries that the officer is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. According to a member of the latest jury, their vote was an almost an even split, and the first jury was split 4 for murder, 4 for voluntary manslaughter and 4 for acquittal.

Not having heard all of the evidence presented during the 6 day first trial or the 8 day retrial myself, I will defer to the roofers sitting in their Barcaloungers who did hear it rather than disparage them and their decisions.
True enough...Everyone is somewhere on the spectrum from hopelessly naive to cravenly cynical....your mileage may vary.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Timing of the mistrial was good: It was raining at almost monsoon level when the jury came back in the courtroom that final time. Any protesters milling around outside would have been weighed down with their scuba tanks.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Brian D. wrote:Timing of the mistrial was good: It was raining at almost monsoon level when the jury came back in the courtroom that final time. Any protesters milling around outside would have been weighed down with their scuba tanks.
While that's true, if the decision to retry or not is really next friday, the forecast so far is sunny and 87.

On a different matter, a BLM rep said something about how BLM wants a peaceful and militaristic protest. :?: Someone asked me "Does that mean we really want riots but don't want to be charged for inciting?"
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

I just watched the raw body cam footage in the link below...and sorry folks...I just don't see any legitimate reason to put a bullet in the guys head.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/ray-tens ... ext?page=2
Give em' Hell Pike!!!