"Heavily" armed man arrested in California

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

yogidave

"Heavily" armed man arrested in California

Post by yogidave »

I just love the terms they use "heavily armed, cache"... This is why I have no desire to every visit California.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/pasadena-po ... discovery/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bianchi?

Re: "Heavily" armed man arrested in California

Post by Bianchi? »

Wow.
LOS ANGELES -- A man who was spotted urinating at a Los Angeles County commuter train station on Wednesday had a weapons cache that included silencers, a rifle, handgun and perhaps 150 rounds of ammunition, authorities said
I've had consistently good results with ether.
yogidave

Post by yogidave »

I cant make out what the pistol is, it looks like a Hi Point.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

One package indicated the bullets were hollow points, a type of expanding bullet that is illegal.
I thought only New jersey outlawed hollow points?
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Javelin Man wrote:
One package indicated the bullets were hollow points, a type of expanding bullet that is illegal.
I thought only New jersey outlawed hollow points?
Forget it Jake, it's the media...
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

yogidave wrote:I cant make out what the pistol is, it looks like a Hi Point.
I'm guessing a police Trade in pistol of some sort.. Glock or Sig maybe
a .40-caliber handgun with markings indicating its use was restricted to law enforcement or government use
I've never seen one marked as restricted to LEO or GOVT.. I have seen them marked with CPD (Cleveland Police Department)
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Likely the "LE- Military Only" markings were on the magazine(s), not the handgun.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
deanimator

Post by deanimator »

Bruenor wrote:I've never seen one marked as restricted to LEO or GOVT.. I have seen them marked with CPD (Cleveland Police Department)
I've got a Glock 19 with the VA Beach Sheriff's Dept. logo roll marked on the slide. Heck of a deal from Summit Gun Broker.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
yogidave

Post by yogidave »

Brian D. wrote:Likely the "LE- Military Only" markings were on the magazine(s), not the handgun.
That's what I was thinking as well, the silencers looked homemade.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

deanimator wrote:
Bruenor wrote:I've never seen one marked as restricted to LEO or GOVT.. I have seen them marked with CPD (Cleveland Police Department)
I've got a Glock 19 with the VA Beach Sheriff's Dept. logo roll marked on the slide. Heck of a deal from Summit Gun Broker.
Right now it seems like there's a glut of .40 caliber police trade in Glocks and SW M&P handguns in that same market.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

150rds? Hell, I bring more than that to the range for a practice session and at least that many to a match! People are worried about that little? Geesh! They wouldn't feel comfortable at my house, and often not around my car!

I agree that it was probably the magazine that was marked for Gov/LEO use only. I've seen a few of those dating back to the federal AWB. Or maybe as someone else commented, it was a LEO trade in. Picked up a SIG P229 in 3357SIG a few months back at a Berea show that I've been carrying.

They talked about them being from his native Georgia. I have to wonder if he was visiting there or had moved.

Still, will not even think about visiting the People's Republik of Kalifornia and haven't for some time.
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

deanimator wrote:
Ted has a Webley with markings from the Royal Irish Constabulary, IIRC.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Deputies apparently saw Goodine taking a leak at the Sierra Madre Gold Line Station, a light rail public transportation hub, and when they contacted him he refused to speak to the officers. This interaction led to an arrest after they found what officials describe as a “cache” of weapons in his duffle bag. These included a loaded AR-15 with a pair of 30-round mags, the first frowned upon without being featureless and the latter verboten in California after this year even if pre-ban.

There was also a really sweet $29 zombie killer/ninja mega knife katana (that’s how they are advertised), and– hold your breath this is the best part– a Hi-Point .40S&W that somehow had an ersatz suppressor device attached similar to those seen in the Walking Dead.

Police also found a rope and “a notebook with unidentified writing inside.”

As noted by the good folks over at The Firearm Blog, it’s farfetched that the Hi-Point flashlight suppressor would work for more than one shot in the likely absence of a recoil booster (Niesen Device), but hey, we can dream can’t we?

Goodline was booked at East Los Angeles Sheriff’s Station and is being held in lieu of $50,500 bail.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

Mustang380gal wrote:
deanimator wrote:
Ted has a Webley with markings from the Royal Irish Constabulary, IIRC.
If that's the one he brought to Fun & Gun it is a beautiful wheelgun...
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

A rifle and a pistol is not a cache, I would hate to hear what they think of my basement. Now 150 rounds? Are you kidding me, that is a quickie trip to the range.

However, on the hollow points, from what I have been able to google, they are illegal in San Francisco but not California as a whole.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.