"Heavily" armed man arrested in California

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: "Heavily" armed man arrested in California

Post by Gramps »

catfish86 wrote:A rifle and a pistol is not a cache, I would hate to hear what they think of my basement.
Funny ain't it? Most of us would have an armory in our home according to the media!
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

dl1911 wrote:150rds? Hell, I bring more than that to the range for a practice session and at least that many to a match! People are worried about that little? Geesh! They wouldn't feel comfortable at my house, and often not around my car!
They would have had a fit when my future son-in-law and i went to the range 2 weeks ago. We both had new pistols to break in and between the 2 of us we had almost 500 rounds of ammo...
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

dustymedic wrote:
dl1911 wrote:150rds? Hell, I bring more than that to the range for a practice session and at least that many to a match! People are worried about that little? Geesh! They wouldn't feel comfortable at my house, and often not around my car!
They would have had a fit when my future son-in-law and i went to the range 2 weeks ago. We both had new pistols to break in and between the 2 of us we had almost 500 rounds of ammo...
LOL quick range trip then? :mrgreen:

I know the feeling though - whenever I go to the range I'm *far* better armed and have *way* more ammo than the guy in the article. But it's when my son and I go to run the rifle range for our church teen camps or especially when the whole clan goes to family camp that I have to laugh at the though of being stopped... Since I run the range and hold rifle and pistol marksmanship clinics and competitions our typical load out for camp is something like a dozen long guns and about that many handguns *on top of* our carry pieces. Plus ammo. Lots and lots of ammo...

I imagine it would go something like this if we were pulled over (well, that is if I were inclined to answer probative questions from law enforcement...):

<As officer reaches window>
Me: Officer, I have a license and am carrying today.
Wife: Officer, I have a license and am carrying too.
Son 1: Officer, I also have a license and am carrying today.
Son 2: Officer, I'm carrying too, and I also have a license.

Officer: Seriously? All of you? You've gotta be kidding me. OK, where are you carrying?

Me: Right hip and left pocket
Wife: Guess! LOL
Me: Really dear? Just tell him OK?
Wife: If I must. Right hip.
Me: And?
Wife: Fine. Make me tell all my secrets. *And* left thigh.
Son 1: Right hip and ankle
Son 2: Appendix

Officer: <Rolling eyes> Just one, kid?

Son 2: Yeah, I'm still saving up for my BUG.

Officer: BUG?

Son 2: Back Up Gun, what else? Sheesh.
Me: Son...
Son 2: Sorry dad. Sorry officer.

Officer: Is that all the guns you have in the car today?

Me: Well, no... I've got 5 .22 rifles in the back and
Son 1: Don't forget the .22 bolt action dad!
Me: Oh right, *6* .22 rifles in the back, a couple of ARs, an AK, an SKS, a 12 gauge
Son 2: *Two* 12 gauges dad, I brought mine too, remember?

Officer: I meant handguns

Me: Gotcha, thanks for the reminder: 3... no, *4* 9mm pistols, 4 .22 pistols, a 357, a 44 mag, and a couple of .45s in the stow & go.
Me: Hon, did you bring your dad's .38?
Wife: No, not this year dear.
Me: OK, that's it then.

Officer: <sarc>That's it?</sarc> Are you *sure*?

Me: Well, no, I mean I think that's it, but I could have missed something.

Officer: So what, you a gun dealer or something?

Me: No, nothing like that. Just going to camp.

Officer: Camp?

Me: Yeah, church camp.

Officer: *Church* camp? Right, sure. Sir, please step out of the vehicle...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!