Another Floroda Sherriff

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Another Floroda Sherriff

Post by Gramps »

I like this one too!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/22/fl ... t-one.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

“If you’re not afraid of a gun, get one,” said the sheriff. “And if you need to shoot somebody, shoot ‘em a lot.”
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
glocksmith

Re: Another Floroda Sherriff

Post by glocksmith »

IANAL...but I dunno if a public official should go around advising citizens to "shoot and shoot em' a lot". That might come back to bite him on the butt if and when some citizen gets all gung-ho and does exactly that.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

glocksmith wrote:IANAL...but I dunno if a public official should go around advising citizens to "shoot and shoot em' a lot". That might come back to bite him on the butt if and when some citizen gets all gung-ho and does exactly that.
Or, get him re-elected a bunch of times. Yeah it's hyperbole, but is any judge or jury going to believe "The sheriff made me do it!" as an attempted defense of a wrongful shooting? It's just words. Besides, when using a handgun, sometimes a does take a bunch of shots to end the attack.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Brian D. wrote:is any judge or jury going to believe "The sheriff made me do it!" as an attempted defense of a wrongful shooting? It's just words.
The answer to your question...and the sad part is...probably yes. :?
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

“And if you need to shoot somebody, shoot ‘em a lot.”
Everything he said sounds reasonable and I agree with, except maybe for this part. Perhaps he meant to say shoot them as much or as often as needed. Even putting aside the legal issues for a second, tactically it might not be a good idea. You don't want to just waste ammo, the BG might have accomplices.