More Republican Victories

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

glocksmith

More Republican Victories

Post by glocksmith »

This is, in a sense, pro-gun related news. Despite what the media claims about their all time low approval rating, and general dislike by the masses....the wins just keep coming for the Republicans :lol:
The special congressional election in Georgia on Tuesday that was supposed to be tight wasn’t. And as the results rolled in, Team Trump seized the moment to celebrate the victory, poke Democrats and throw a little snark at the news media as Republican Karen Handel soundly defeated Democrat Jon Ossoff to fill the seat Tom Price vacated to become Trump’s secretary of health and human services.“Well, the Special Elections are over and those that want to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN are 5 and 0! All the Fake News, all the money spent = 0,” the president tweeted just before midnight.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... 196eee370b
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
deanimator

Re: More Republican Victories

Post by deanimator »

You might suspect that by now, the Democrat Party leadership would begin to believe that racial separatism, anti-Semitism and political violence weren't a winning combination for them.

You'd probably be wrong.

They're just returning to their longstanding traditions dating to before the Civil War, when they'd cross over from Kentucky into Ohio to commit acts of terrorism against abolitionists.

Hodgkinson wasn't an aberration. He IS today's Democrat Party personified.
Life comes at you fast. Be prepared to shoot it in the head when it does.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

What amazes me is how much money is spent on these elections. 23 Mill by the dems alone in one race. Similar to the ballot initiatives out west for universal background checks. they feel they can get what they want (elections, legislation) by buying into it with tons of marketing and hollyweird backers.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Bruenor wrote:What amazes me is how much money is spent on these elections. 23 Mill by the dems alone in one race. Similar to the ballot initiatives out west for universal background checks. they feel they can get what they want (elections, legislation) by buying into it with tons of marketing and hollyweird backers.
That's what bothers me. Money being pumped in from groups (and individuals) well outside the State of Georgia...perhaps even some $$ from overseas. IMHO, a state election should be just that...and should not be subject to outside influence.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

glocksmith wrote:
Bruenor wrote:What amazes me is how much money is spent on these elections. 23 Mill by the dems alone in one race. Similar to the ballot initiatives out west for universal background checks. they feel they can get what they want (elections, legislation) by buying into it with tons of marketing and hollyweird backers.
That's what bothers me. Money being pumped in from groups (and individuals) well outside the State of Georgia...perhaps even some $$ from overseas. IMHO, a state election should be just that...and should not be subject to outside influence.
Even their candidate was from out of the district. Talk about carpetbagging.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
docachna

Post by docachna »

Don't forget - The War of Northern Aggression is only on extended hiatus to many Georgians ---- they didn't take kindly to Pajama Boy coming in trying to take over, much less all the "celebrities" sending their Benjamins over to tell the Southerners what's best for them.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

glocksmith wrote:That's what bothers me. Money being pumped in from groups (and individuals) well outside the State of Georgia...perhaps even some $$ from overseas. IMHO, a state election should be just that...and should not be subject to outside influence.
I agree - fundamentally, what's the difference between residents of California (thanks, Hollywood!) trying to sway a Georgia election, and Russia trying to sway a US election?
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

147Doc wrote:
glocksmith wrote:That's what bothers me. Money being pumped in from groups (and individuals) well outside the State of Georgia...perhaps even some $$ from overseas. IMHO, a state election should be just that...and should not be subject to outside influence.
I agree - fundamentally, what's the difference between residents of California (thanks, Hollywood!) trying to sway a Georgia election, and Russia trying to sway a US election?
The difference is that the Russians chose the right candidate. :mrgreen:
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

glocksmith wrote:
147Doc wrote:
glo cksmith wrote:That's what bothers me. Money being pumped in from groups (and individuals) well outside the State of Georgia...perhaps even some $$ from overseas. IMHO, a state election should be just that...and should not be subject to outside influence.
The difference is that the Russians chose the right candidate. :mrgreen:
From the Russians point of view, they probably don't feel like they chose the right candidate. :lol: Trump hasn't done hardly any of the things Putin wanted him to do or not do. If he's supposedly Putin's puppet, that puppet probably needs a new set of strings. Putin would've probably have had better luck with Obama 2.0, provided he paid her and Bill enough. Also like with Obama, if Hillary were to accidentally get caught on a recording telling a Russian official that she would be more flexible to do Russia's bidding after the election, the MSM and the Democrats wouldn't be demanding an investigation or calling for her impeachment.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

Trump is hamstrung by all the Russian Collusion crap which poisons the well for working with Russia where we can and backroom deal making to handle the other stuff. Democrats are putting their party before the country and enough people are seeing it for what it is.

As to the Republican winning, there was a time from a 2A perspective that there were Dems who were pro-gun and you had to judge the candidate, now if there is any pro-gun talk by a Dem it is taken with a grain of salt (I own a gun too...I have black friends...you get the picture). While the "racial separatism, anti-Semitism and political violence" deanimator talked about are true, he forgot to add gun control to that mix along with a host of other things.

At the end of the day, the Constitution is showing how well designed it really is...otherwise California and New York would rule us all.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Should read "Hologram of Liberty" by Kenneth Royce. Very interesting take on the US Constitution.
catfish86 wrote:At the end of the day, the Constitution is showing how well designed it really is...otherwise California and New York would rule us all.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

deanimator wrote:You might suspect that by now, the Democrat Party leadership would begin to believe that racial separatism, anti-Semitism and political violence weren't a winning combination for them.

You'd probably be wrong.
I heard El-Rushbo yesterday talk about how the Dems hold so few elected offices, that you have to go back to the 1920s to see this number....and that their prospects are declining further...he predicted more RINO/GOPe/Non-Dem in name at least victories over the next decade (when will he hang it up?)...

Now...imagine that this mattered.

Imagine a group of men and women with the spine to strip the collusion/graft/corruption/lies out of the system and actually fight for a principle that would bring freedom back to our lands and our families. McConnell/Ryan et al aren't the ones to take us there...
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

catfish86 wrote:Trump is hamstrung by all the Russian Collusion crap which poisons the well for working with Russia where we can and backroom deal making to handle the other stuff. Democrats are putting their party before the country and enough people are seeing it for what it is.

As to the Republican winning, there was a time from a 2A perspective that there were Dems who were pro-gun and you had to judge the candidate, now if there is any pro-gun talk by a Dem it is taken with a grain of salt (I own a gun too...I have black friends...you get the picture). While the "racial separatism, anti-Semitism and political violence" deanimator talked about are true, he forgot to add gun control to that mix along with a host of other things.

At the end of the day, the Constitution is showing how well designed it really is...otherwise California and New York would rule us all.
I have a Libertarian friend whose fiance is a long time registered Democrat, but he and she agree on some things, one of them being pro gun. It's very frustrating to her, because the only people that seem to get nominated by the party are the ones that pass a certain checklist of advocacy groups, like a litmus test. True moderates need not apply it seems anymore. When there is a candidate that's not overtly anti gun, they try to straddle the fence right after getting the nomination, by using terms like "Common sense gun safety measures" which turn out to be the same old anti gun stuff they've always been pushing that will do nothing to reduce gun crime. They won't even consider supporting measures that have made a difference in the past in some areas, and might do so again, because it might affect some of their base.