Georgia Escapees Caught by Citizen with Gun

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Georgia Escapees Caught by Citizen with Gun

Post by catfish86 »

Defensive gun use...notice the politician at the end of the article thanked the police and law enforcement....but not the private citizen
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Georgia Escapees Caught by Citizen with Gun

Post by qmti »

catfish86 wrote:
Defensive gun use...notice the politician at the end of the article thanked the police and law enforcement....but not the private citizen
Not surprising. The politician would have been criticized by the anti's for giving the "good guy with a gun" any credit in the apprehension.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

What is interesting is that these guys took the firearms off their guards, the vaunted trained LEOs, killed them. Private citizen was able to stop their adventure. Argument that only LEO need be armed seems hollow in this case.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Considering the unarmed regular citizens they victimized in their escape, including allegedly choking an elderly man who tried to escape from them, I wonder what was going through their minds as they were being held at gunpoint by ordinary regular citizens as they were trying to steal yet another vehicle.
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

At least the governor is a Republican. :roll: If he were a Democrat he probably would have openly condemned the two people for their vigilante actions and firearms use.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
Face

Post by Face »

This is the only article with quoted from that homeowner. Look like he did not hold them at gunpoint as originally stated.

Still applaud his ideas.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.3254982" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Totally useless, waste of space, irrelevant, sig.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Well...those two look like a couple really neat guys. :lol: Are the numerous tatoos, shaved head and permanent scowl facial expression supposed to scare us into thinking they are too tough to mess with?
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Face

Post by Face »

glocksmith wrote:Well...those two look like a couple really neat guys. :lol: Are the numerous tatoos, shaved head and permanent scowl facial expression supposed to scare us into thinking they are too tough to mess with?

I think that's the universal sign for "USELESS PIECE OF SCUM".
Totally useless, waste of space, irrelevant, sig.
troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by troy bilt »

Looks like the reward money will not be passed out to the homeowner.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/0 ... -convicts/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

In this case, Sheriff Sills made a highly visible error. He’s made himself look like a stupid, dishonest weasel.
Doesn't surprise me that he changed his tune. He made himself look like a fool early on when he tried to act like an emotional but badass guy while talking about the deceased officers and getting their blood on his shoe. He came off looking like a dumb, redneck cracker sheriff.

LOL at 0:20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6ueMFH0qn0
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
troy bilt
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by troy bilt »

Looks like TTAG has posted a retraction for the article I posted above. Sounds like the Sherifs words where taken out of content.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/0 ... nt-3472564" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I know it's spelled wrong but thanks for pointing it out.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

I still don't understand. So...someone collected their reward money then?
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

glocksmith wrote:I still don't understand. So...someone collected their reward money then?
Guess we will see what happens..

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/18/ge ... pture.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
docachna

Post by docachna »

Gramps wrote:
glocksmith wrote:I still don't understand. So...someone collected their reward money then?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/18/ge ... pture.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This happened less than 50 miles from me. That area has a lot of large, expensive houses, but this guy's was not one of them.

There is talk around here that the old couple who the guys tied up and robbed should get it, because they were driving the couple's vehicle when the chase started, after which they bailed out, ran, and then finally surrendered to this guy in Christiana. Not sure I see it myself, but maybe they get a little bit ? It was still this guy that confronted them, and he is the reason they're back behind bars. But for him, they'd still probably be on the run.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

docachna wrote:
Gramps wrote:

This happened less than 50 miles from me. That area has a lot of large, expensive houses, but this guy's was not one of them.

There is talk around here that the old couple who the guys tied up and robbed should get it, because they were driving the couple's vehicle when the chase started, after which they bailed out, ran, and then finally surrendered to this guy in Christiana. Not sure I see it myself, but maybe they get a little bit ? It was still this guy that confronted them, and he is the reason they're back behind bars. But for him, they'd still probably be on the run.
According to the last news link I saw, the guy said he never pointed his gun at them or confronted them in any way. When he saw them approach his car he backed his car up, and that's when they laid down on the ground. He said he thought they might've mistaken his car for a police car, but didn't say why that would be. Also at least one of the fugitives allegedly got up from the ground, went over to get a drink of water from a faucet, then returned to the ground, so that makes the theory that they thought the car had cops in it seem unlikely. The guy said something about Jesus being responsible. If the Sheriff concurs I suppose he could claim he doesn't need to pay up unless he himself shows up to collect. :roll: If that happens the Sheriff's got more problems than having to pay the reward. Regardless though, he did call it in, and the reward was for information leading to the arrest, which he definitely provided, so a very good case could be made for him getting a reward.