MAN REUNITED WITH RIFLE FROM HIS YOUTH WITH HELP FROM CMP

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

MAN REUNITED WITH RIFLE FROM HIS YOUTH WITH HELP FROM CMP

Post by JU-87 »

MAN REUNITED WITH RIFLE FROM HIS YOUTH WITH HELP FROM THE CMP
By Ashley Brugnone, CMP Writer
Pat Farmer hadn’t felt the weight in his hands in almost 60 years. After five decades, the memories flooded back as his fingertips grazed the wood of the stock and gripped it tightly. It was a piece of his personal history, and the history of his country, that his eyes hadn’t seen since he was a teen – and now, it’s a relic he’ll be able to keep for the rest of his life.

“I had never dreamed it would be in the CMP (Civilian Marksmanship Program) warehouse,” he said. “I had just hoped to possibly start a search beginning with the CMP.”...
http://thecmp.org/man-reunited-with-rif ... m-the-cmp/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
roughsawn

Re: MAN REUNITED WITH RIFLE FROM HIS YOUTH WITH HELP FROM CM

Post by roughsawn »

That's awesome!
Working on a Sig line. So far, I have a P250, a 938, and an Ultra!

http://myreloadingbench.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scottb
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by scottb »

Great story!
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”― George Carlin
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Great story but very sad.
“I'm going to shoot a few rounds, clean it and put it in the safe,” he said. “I’ll take it out occasionally, and try to do the manual of arms correctly. One of my grandsons will eventually get it.”
Always sad when a firearm gets relegated to being a safe queen rather than being used. :(
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.